qt_dragon_hd - manual tool change and remap

More
01 Jun 2023 01:50 #272620 by cmorley
To be completely clear - you are only pressing the probe contact when the label says 'probe' right? It will feed down in Z (label says feed) then will switch to probing (label says 'probe')

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2023 02:32 #272623 by grey_goat
Ahhh..nope. Yesterday I didn't even know there was a label, but now I see I'd been pressing during feed.

However, I'm back to the initial error of:

"Probe is already tripped when starting G38.2 or G38.3 move"

It doesn't seem to matter how quickly I press the toolsetter.

More
01 Jun 2023 02:37 #272624 by grey_goat
Are the touchoff parameters in the settings tab relevant? They indicate some of the same settings as the probe tab (search velocity, probe velocity). Which one takes precedence? Thanks again for your help.

More
01 Jun 2023 02:59 #272625 by cmorley
Means the probe was true before the probe command started - usually an inverted input.
Again maybe check that the probe-input signal is normally false - true when tripped.
Or maybe you pressed the setter just perfectly slightly before the command?

touchoff parameters in the settings tab are not used for auto tool probing, only the ones on the versa probe tab.

More
01 Jun 2023 03:59 #272627 by cmorley
This can happen if you trip the probe when the label is blank.
Make sure it says 'probe' before tripping the toolsetter.

More
02 Jun 2023 03:06 - 02 Jun 2023 03:08 #272670 by grey_goat
The motion probe input signal is normally false according to hal meter.

When doing a tool setter motion, is the movement overall different than the description in the versa probe help tab?

I've managed to trigger the tool setter without error by pressing it twice in pretty rapid succession.

The spindle goes to the correct xy position and starts going in the negative z. When the motion type changes from feed to probe, there is no change in velocity even though search is 250mm/min and probe is 100mm/min. I then have been triggering the tool setter.

The spindle goes in the positive z now at motion type = rapid. It does not move my full latch return distance of 5mm and pause for 0.5 seconds (which the versa probe help documentation says it should). It's hard to judge, but looking at the readout it seems to go about 2mm.  There is no pause before it heads in the negative Z again.

Next it heads towards the tool setter again at motion type = probe (though not at probe speed). If I catch it quickly with a second manual triggering of the tool setter things seem to work. But I'd like to know why the motion type probe is not at probe speed or why my latch return input doesn't seem to matter.
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jun 2023 03:08 by grey_goat.

More
02 Jun 2023 18:23 #272756 by cmorley
Can you compress and post all your config files?

The help dialog doesn't mention autotool probe so I don't know what you mean - the description you mention looks right - I must be missing where you found it.
The auto tool remap actually has hard code retract distance of 4mm for a metric machine or .200 inch for an imperial machine - probably should make this follow the probe screen too.

You do seem to be using an older version - how did you get linuxcnc?

More
02 Jun 2023 19:30 #272767 by cmorley
I see an error in the remap qt_auto_probe_tool.ngc code, the back off distance is always 2.

There are some other things in it that might need some changes - it should probably return to the tool change position after probing for instance.
Luckily that file can be easily changed by you to most whatever you want.

I'll look into this further.

More
05 Jun 2023 21:32 - 05 Jun 2023 21:35 #272978 by grey_goat
I've compressed and included what I think are the relevant configuration files.  Please let me know if more are needed.  Including everything exceeded the upload limit.

It is confusing to know what is considered probe and autotool probe in the help dialogue, so I guess your comment means that there is no connection. I'd love to find more documentation on the autotool probe function, but so far that seems to be a challenging find.

The version I'm using is 2.9.0-pre1-787-g913733ff1 that I downloaded here:
buildbot2.highlab.com/debian/dists/bookw...uspace/binary-amd64/
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 21:35 by grey_goat.

More
07 Jun 2023 06:58 #273066 by cmorley
I have added some work to this.
I added buttons to probe material and toolsetter height that the original verser probe routines that. These will update the entry box setting on the versa probe tab. Also a 'go to toolsetter' button.
I found an error in qt_auto_probe_tool.ngc - the second probe went in the wrong direction.
I also added the backoff distance pin so it follows the entry on the versa probe tab.
Some other changes so it doesn't go to the tool change position if the tool is already in the spindle.

I don't see anything wrong in the file you gave me - I was hoping to see the rest of the files ie the preference and postgui files.
I did find my toolsetter (one from china) was sticky and causes errors often.
(I also have some lost step problems that makes testing difficult)
What toolsetter probe are you using?

You will need to update to get all these new fixes.
Jim, the originator of qtdragon is also auditing the probing code so hopefully things will come together faster.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, JohnnyCNC, Vector

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds