Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
16 Nov 2022 20:12 - 16 Nov 2022 20:14 #256892 by smc.collins
disconnect the servo motors from the ball screws, hand run ball screws. how i have done the 3 machines i have converted. also, lets you count turns with a dial indicator to measure screw pitch.

also, being able to tune the servo speed and tach feedback without having to move the machine makes it easier to scale voltage commands.

if you know pitch and you know motor speed and you know your voltage scales, you can calculate your IPM and velocity close enough to get moving safely, and life is much easier.

if it's using a wedge coupler loosen it up and oil the shaft. your not going to be running it alot of time. i removed my belts and servo motors, usually a relatively simple affair.

hand held tach off Amazon make life easy, measure speed, bam  done. adjust input gain to desired ipm, done. reinstall drive with direction, etc confirmed. 
Last edit: 16 Nov 2022 20:14 by smc.collins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2022 22:04 #257181 by tommylight
Just spent over 2 hours inside the machine yanking out the resolver on Z axis, got it out ! :)
And mounted the encoder.
YAYYYYY
Maybe tomorrow evening, if time permits, mount the 23" Dell touchscreen monitor, yank the PC out and replace with a Dell 9020 as it has an Intel network card so no issues with new kernels, and test the existing drives, after i wire the encoders to Mesa 7i77....
I know, i know, PICTURES !!!
Coming soon ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota, Masiwood123, smc.collins

More
20 Nov 2022 22:35 #257182 by smc.collins
I read your servo fine tuning write up, nice, really helped my fine tune my machine, up to 160 ipm now !!

More
20 Nov 2022 22:38 #257184 by tommylight

I read your servo fine tuning write up, nice, really helped my fine tune my machine, up to 160 ipm now !!

Nice, glad it helped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
20 Nov 2022 22:39 #257185 by smc.collins
I posted my latest configs, still fighting my stuff, check my thread if you want. again thanks for the info you've shared, it's appreciated

More
22 Nov 2022 02:22 #257288 by tommylight
I already had a look at the first ones, but since i have yet to use "carousel" component, it is still a bit misty to me also.
Unfortunately, due to time restraints i am not sure when i will have the chance to give it a go.
I might just start building a new two-sided-4-or-5-axis-each-side machine for welding some metal framing, despite my insisting on just buying one, i was told by them that there is no such thing ready made. Some research is in order...

More
22 Nov 2022 16:12 - 22 Nov 2022 16:14 #257345 by smc.collins
wouldn't it be easier to just buy a robotic arm ? they've gotten really cheap "relatively speaking" and they are much better suited to tasks like welding where your have a lot of complex wrist, forearm, shoulder movement.I know, i weld, and out of position stuff is difficult.

i know a few places in Detroit selling older automation arms if you want one. shipping will be a beast but i can put you in contact with my  machine broker, if it's out there, he can find it.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2022 16:14 by smc.collins.

More
22 Nov 2022 18:37 #257352 by tommylight
They had a Kuka KR150 i installed and wired and programed several years back, they sold it.
Thank you for the offer, but i am in Kosovo, getting a Mesa board here is a chalenge, getting a truck full of amonium nitrate is very easy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
22 Nov 2022 19:04 #257359 by smc.collins
getting mesa boards anywhere is tricky. if i could get the guts out of a arm, say the joints and servo's, the harmonic drives, that's a whole helluva a lot cheaper to ship.

Kosovo, ammonium nitrate, lol. I live in the middle of 10,000 acres "freedom units" of farm land, it's everywhere.

, guy with your skills in the USA would be making Stacks of $$$$ these days. there's a massive shortage of PLC and automation technicians and programmers

is the issue with the welding fixturing or is it access ? if it's Access, just find a guy who can weld. I've been fabricating race cars chassis parts etc for decades I finally 10 yrs ago started rethinking how i construct stuff so it's more easily jigged and welded. really unless your making thousand of anything, I'd just hand weld.

if you're building a 3d metal printer that uses welding, then, yeah.

Kosovo, wow, that's a interesting place with a lot of crazy history in the last 100 yes.

More
22 Nov 2022 19:32 #257361 by tommylight
Not sure when, but i will be in US pretty soon, got citizenship about 7 years back, still here chugging along. Two of my brothers are there, one for nearly 30 years, the other moved there this year.
Both are proffesional photographers, only young one is working as such.
Young one is very good at anything computer related, including networking (not home networking), cars, use of any type of cnc machine, 3D design, video editing, and a lot of other stuff.
The older one is a dumb f@ck! But can draw anything he sees, freehand.
-
As for the issue you asked, client is the issue, he is a ba$tard in every way possible, hence my reluctance to work with him.
Still, i like chalenges and i never back of off one.
-
Kosovo, not just crazy history, crazy people. Just have a look on instagram, we advertise crimes publicly! :)
Naah, most folk here are very nice and especially polite to foreign visitors, plenty of other nations visit here and stay here, something keeps them coming back, no idea what, we have nothing worth mentioning, except Mother Teresa and Scanderbeg or real name Gjergj Kastrioti, but if you google it he is known as Georgius in Latin.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds