Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
26 Oct 2022 23:20 #255154 by Masiwood123
this in the picture is surgery, and i believe it's not fun xD. the first thing that stings my eyes.. is the aversion to these eprom`` batteries, whatever machine i imported, either didn't have it or it leaked

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2022 17:44 #255210 by tommylight
Yeah, no more batteries!
Wired the spindle encoder today, it still works despite plenty of bitemarks on the cable.
Went in (inside the machine) to remove the Z axis resolver, unscrewed the coupling, and it does not let go. Tried as much force on as i deemed OK on both sides, still would not budge, so in a moment of infinite wisdom i though to open the tacho lid and see if i can bolt the encoders there, ... oh the horror! There is a circuit board full of electronics, plenty of wires, what looks like 6 hal sensors (4 pins each, so not sure) as they are arranged in a round shape with metal in between them and a rotating part on the motor shaft. All this shock triggered some memories, on the X and Z drives there is a switch with letters P 0 V , they are set at P, so gussing it is in position mode, now confirmed by the above.
There are some markings on the connectors that added to the confusion as they clearly state AG or analog ground for the +-12V pins (all AG and IG pins are grounded, same with shielding, in total there are 4 separate grounds/0V on the machine).
The only thing left is to add 3 more power supplies, 2 for +-12V and one for 24V, wire one drive and one of those tacho/pickups and see what hapens. Dealing with analog stuff would imply using arduinos, i think i still have some ESP32 with 12 bit analog resolution, hoping i do not have to go that route.
I wonder, when will it finaly hit me that it is enough and just plop some Gecko drives and be done with it.
Not yet, not yet.... :)
I did mention before, i am a persistant piece of $hit! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
27 Oct 2022 18:14 #255219 by Masiwood123
kod nas se to kaze svaka cast! mislim da bi pored sve krize morao da kupim nove motore, ti si sigurno imao zivce za jos teze stvari ,pa ti je ovo sad igra:), najgore je sto ako odlucis da prodas, svako ko nezna koja je muka, recice skupo``
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Oct 2022 02:07 - 28 Oct 2022 02:09 #255275 by smc.collins
Hard to see from here, but are these DC servos ?? if so, whats the power rating ? I aks because I have 2 yaskawa DC tacho feedback cdmr 055k2 drives just sitting here. They are IIRC .5kw 
Last edit: 28 Oct 2022 02:09 by smc.collins.

More
28 Oct 2022 22:58 #255349 by tommylight
Yes they are DC, probably over 1.5KW power, they are bigger than some others i have of 1.5KW, so that is just a guess.
If i had to narrow it down, 200V drive with 30A output current would make them 6KW, but i am sure they are not that powerful. They are old, so bigger does not mean more power, in the contrary.
Hence i decided to range them on the safe side at 1.5KW, maybe 2KW, Maybe? :)
Well, there is no info online about the Mitsubishi electronics and motors, so everything was reverse engineering and figuring out stuff, the only thing i could actually find info was the resolvers, of course, as they are useless due to being somehow the reverse of normal resolvers from the functionality point of view. Just my shitty luck, as usual.
Still, i consider this one done as the hard stuff is wired, programed and tested, spindle with its encoder, tool changer, hydraulic tail and pinion, hydraulic chuck (that is still missing), user console/front panel has all the switches working and most programmed, conduit covers are in place, etc.
And i needed a break from all the chasing, head bashing, guessing, testing, retesting, disappointment, happiness, joy, mice cr@p, etc, so last few days started building another Voron Legacy 3D printer for a friend, so far the frame, X and Y axis are fully done and belted.
Thank you for the offer, SMC.Collins.

More
28 Oct 2022 23:02 #255350 by smc.collins
I have 2 Cincinnati Milacron servo drives, they will need a transformer 380v and 35 amps, half wave SCR type. probably expensive to ship the transformer but the drives you can have for shipping. I wasn't able to get them working, but you might.

If you see a Yasakawa drive part number that might work lmk, I have a used part dealer I work with he always has Yaskawa DC stuff from Mazak and other lathes.

More
29 Oct 2022 14:03 - 29 Oct 2022 14:12 #255381 by smc.collins
www.kb-controls.com/product.sc?productId=44&categoryId=14

These, but be aware they are VERY sensitive to mains input voltage,they also have ZERO input mains voltage runaway protection, they are however available in quantity and are relatively reasonable priced.

PICO systems has a FEW inexspensive DC drives, I have a 200vdc 60 amp yasakwa jdupc power supply, you can have it. 

pico-systems.com/osc2.5/catalog/links/pwmservo.html

for my cincinnati, I wound up ripping all of the drive cabinet and encoder wiring out, replaced all the servo and spindle drives and started over. If you post the part # for that mitsubish drive, I might be able to find a manual, I am good at that. I also know people at mitsubish electronics from my time working in the auto motive R&D side. I bought used glentek smb7275 drives for my machine, but my axis motors are 10hp. 
Last edit: 29 Oct 2022 14:12 by smc.collins.

More
29 Oct 2022 21:28 #255405 by tommylight
@smc.collins
I really appreciate the offer, and i would gladly say yes, but i do not need the drives, i have 4 of Gecko 320 or similar collecting dust.
The only drive i might need is a 3 phase monstrosity for a Siemens servo motor i have also collecting dust, it is a 3.5 or 5KW monster, would do nicely for a spindle as it probably can do tapping of M6 or M8 or even M10 easily.
Then again, i do not have a mill! :) Have some parts ready to build a small one, though, whenever i have some time to get to it.
-
Wired the drives today, some poking and prodding, and got most of the wiring down pat, still have 2 wires dangling and 2 more with suspicious functionality.
After adding 2 more power supplies for the +-12V and wiring the 24V to the existing supply, the drive logic turns on and goes out of fault! YAYYY :)
Luckily the high power side was off, otherwise i could have been surprised by strange noises and shop shaking! I had to cut and wire the tacho wiring from 3 different connectors, despite checking about 50 times, i know an error there could send the motors flying at full throttle!
I did want to turn the power on, but my rusty brain recalled that there is no feedback to LinuxCNC as i have not yet installed and wired the encoders, so more work tomorrow, if i can remove the Z axis resolver, it does not budge!
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
29 Oct 2022 22:07 #255409 by smc.collins
i took the belts off my servos while i was roughing out my tach generator servo etc wiring, then i had rolled my screws to confirm operation of my encoders and checked scaling etc.

I've got a 5kw 380v Mitsubishi freq
rol i got in a auction lot, 3 phase AC drive, not sure of it's condition, heavy to,

More
30 Oct 2022 15:16 - 30 Oct 2022 20:51 #255443 by tommylight

I did want to turn the power on, but my rusty brain recalled that there is no feedback to LinuxCNC as i have not yet installed and wired the encoders, so more work tomorrow, if i can remove the Z axis resolver, it does not budge!

This from the guy who wrote a tutorial on how to wire and check stuff on machines where literally the second part deals with wiring encoders, right after wiring e-stop and limits! Shame on me ! :)
No time to do much today, socializing for a change.
Later...
Last edit: 30 Oct 2022 20:51 by tommylight. Reason: missing "m"

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds