Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
31 Oct 2022 00:39 #255530 by tommylight
Any idea on how to wire this to the shielded cable so it looks half decent?
I see isolating tape in my future, black! :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2022 02:35 #255536 by arvidb
If you want to keep the connector, maybe solder the shielded cable's leads to a piece of PCB, make room on the PCB for a clamp to hold the cable and its shield securely to the PCB, as well as for mounting holes. And of course a pin header to connect to the sensor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Masiwood123

More
31 Oct 2022 08:39 - 31 Oct 2022 08:40 #255551 by smc.collins
remove the ribbon cable,  go directly to the board,i hate those things, especially in a vibration heavy environment. 

amp connectors are available in crazy types  it's probably a standard pcd connection or hole spacing 
Last edit: 31 Oct 2022 08:40 by smc.collins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb, tommylight

More
31 Oct 2022 08:48 - 31 Oct 2022 08:53 #255553 by Masiwood123
on the rover there are all such cables for relay boards.. I thought for a long time what to do at the end since there are a lot of them, just a scalper and a cut in between to separate them:).. or the bigger job here is to get male-female connectors of that or type rs 232.. then again soldering soldering...
Last edit: 31 Oct 2022 08:53 by Masiwood123.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
31 Oct 2022 13:00 #255566 by andypugh
I would design a little PCB to adapt to a convenient connector that suits the cable. (and also move that IDC connector much closer to the encoder)
Small PCBs are almost free from China.

Here is an example, this one converts bare wires to a particular connector, and also incorporates a line-driver IC to convert to differential signals to suit an STMBL:
photos.app.goo.gl/qGWNgqj7DhRCNGCf7

Or RJ45 to Phoenix, for Mesa smart-serial connnections:
photos.app.goo.gl/yN9BftrALH1WQkHR6
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Masiwood123, smc.collins

More
31 Oct 2022 13:05 #255568 by Masiwood123
www.audiohms.com/en/cnc-electronics-prod...ncoder-interface-dd1

ovo mogu da ti narucim ali ne znam koliko ti je hitno , i da ti nekako posaljem ako bi zavrsilo posao..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
31 Oct 2022 13:06 #255569 by tommylight
Keeping the connector means keeping half a metter of unshielded cable, roled above a big brushed motor, acting like an inductor and collecting interference.
I do have some RS232 connectors i can use, nothing better.
I also have some new industrial connectors but all are 3 pin ones.
Some diving through the shop today, apparently! :)

More
14 Nov 2022 10:36 #256676 by tommylight
I have the connectors wired and soldered, need to mount them on the machine and wire to Mesa 7i77, but i am busy retrofitting 2 of old Messer plasma cutters, just removing old wiring is a one week job! :)
forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/47357...sma-cutting-machines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
16 Nov 2022 16:19 #256870 by tommylight
With all the stuff i am dealing lately, i still managed to mount one encoder on the Z axis! Oh good.
Oh bad, i need the encoder on Z axis to be able to test and tune first, but the existing resolver does not want to come out, yet! :)
X axis has a hydraulic brake and limited motion that hamper testing and tuning, hence i need the Z axis, if if there is a rounout it gives me a bit of time to stop things before that oh so nice breaking stuff sounds! :)
Also, have to get the 23" Dell touchscreen monitor from one of 3D printers and mount it on the Mazak, the 23" NEC that was on it went to one of the plasma machines i am retrofitting, as luck would have it it was the biggest screen size i could fit inside the cabinet on that machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
16 Nov 2022 17:01 #256872 by Masiwood123
sounds like general repair of mazda wankel engine:)). good luck ! week or two ago i replace exactly dell 23 with asus touch.. dell it stands and collects dust, and you need it:((

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds