Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
23 Feb 2023 13:17 #265118 by tommylight
Now you have the manuals???? :)
Yes, the wiring you mentioned is ok, just beware, NC ON is probably enable, SV ON is probably the 24V that goes to control to signal that drives are powered.
Use a resistor, anything from 100 to 470 ohm wired to 24V on one side and touch shortly the NC ON while watching the drive LEDs.
Might be better to wait a bit till i can get to the shop to check this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2023 06:40 #265389 by dctrytsman
Managed to get everything wired up .Seems to be working .

Going through your servo wiring and tuning post now to get everything tuned .

More
26 Feb 2023 10:17 #265401 by dctrytsman
I think my drive settings are out . As soon as I enable the drives, it jumps probably 20 mm on the axis . They are turning much faster than what they are suppose to . Even when I remove the encoders from the Mesa 7i77 and jog the axis at 7mm/min ,it's going much faster than that . Any idea what I did wrong ?

More
26 Feb 2023 12:30 #265412 by tommylight
First thing to check is tacho, reversing wires will cause motor to run at full speed when enabled.
Then encoder, reversing the encoder scale or reversing the PWM output by putting a - in front of the walue.
Set the drives to P mode, they should be already set if you did not move the switch.
Take it easy, do not push it, way to much power. :)

More
26 Feb 2023 12:50 #265415 by dctrytsman
Which switch are you referring to ? I've tried looking everywhere in the manuals and on the drive it self ,I can't see where you switch the different loop modes .

More
26 Feb 2023 14:23 #265416 by tommylight
The switch on the drives, it has P 0 V written under it.
Mine were set to P, and while i was tuning them i did set it to V but could not tune anything, so switched back to P and tuned as torque mode drives.

More
28 Feb 2023 14:28 #265565 by dctrytsman
I tuned the motors according to your guide and everything is working well now!!

My P was set way too high and it caused the motors to run away as soon as I start up .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Mar 2023 17:04 #266846 by dctrytsman
I am almost done with the machine .I am currently stuck on the automatic tool changer . It has an 8 tool drum turret that uses pneumatics to clamp and unclamp and an ac motor that turns the turret in both directions .It also uses 3 proximity sensors on an encoder wheel to detect the 8 different tool positions .

At this stage I have connected all of the original inputs and outputs associated with the ATC.

They are as follows:

Inputs :
1.tool position 1
2.tool position 2
3.tool position 3
4.turret clamped position
​​​​​5.turret unclamped position
6.Index sensor
7.turret pressure down sensor

Outputs :
1.Turret unclamp 1
2.Turret unclamp 2
3.Turret turn clockwise
4.Turret turn anti-clockwise

I have made 8 Classicladder outputs that work with the tool position sensors as inputs and managed to get all 8 tool position signals to work .I have manually tested each input and output with Hal component and everything works individually. I am not sure what to do next .I saw you used the Emcochanger component . Will that work on my machine ? If so ,what do I need to do to implement it on the machine . What inputs and outputs do I need to use and where do I do this ? I don't have much knowledge or experience with Hal or Classicladder .

I attached images of the ATC mechanism.

The subscripts are as follows:
1-Tool clamp and unclamp position sensors.
2-Tool position sensors 1-3
3-Index sensor
Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2023 17:17 #266849 by smc.collins
i put a hal component for my Cincinnati 6 station turret, with bcd switch coding it's in hal components. also written in C. and honestly, far superior to ladder logic. if you want help customizing it lmk.

More
16 Mar 2023 17:40 #266850 by tommylight
Have you looked at
emcochanger.comp
and
emcochanger.hal
attached in the second post on this topic?
It can be edited to most toolchangers, it is very simple and never fails.
Or have a look at carousel component included with LinuxCNC, might be even easier as there is no compiling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dctrytsman

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds