Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
03 Apr 2022 00:56 #239122 by tommylight
I have seen one zapped several years back at a shop, no grounding, wet (they do pee a lot), dead, rigor mortis, habeas corpus, and everything. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2022 10:29 #239151 by my1987toyota
I guess it's only when they chomp on a high voltage line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
03 Apr 2022 12:16 #239159 by RotarySMP
That must be a nightmare to find a mouse nest in a machine like that. I had to remove some mouse nests from my attic when I got this place. Disgusting smelly beasts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, my1987toyota

More
03 Apr 2022 12:41 #239165 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit
When I was at college, I lived in a little farm cottage. I went home for a couple of weeks and first night in bed, I could smell mouse! Turned out that Momma mouse had a litter under my pillow and helped herself to some nice bed linen! Left bloodstains on the sheets too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, my1987toyota

More
03 Apr 2022 18:53 #239200 by my1987toyota
wait rod was the blood stains  from the mouse having a litter or the umm " removal " of the mice. LOL. From what I have experienced
Squirrels can be every bit as destructive I had one chomp through an HVAC control cable twice before switching  to an Armor flex conduit 
cable and still having to coat were it entered the attic in HOT sauce before the squirrel got the point to leave it alone. Persistent !

More
03 Apr 2022 19:03 #239203 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit
The mouse and litter was well and truly gone so I guess the bloodstains were from her birthing process. I think the sheets would have been additionally blooded if she was still there to incur my wrath!

More
03 Apr 2022 20:35 #239213 by tommylight
Who's hungry?
:)

More
07 Apr 2022 22:32 #239606 by tommylight
Here is the aftermath of the infestation, the black cable under the thin gray one is missing a complete chunk of 10-15cm ! The foot pedal must be dismantled and wires changed as they are cut at the sleeve entry, others look doable so far. Oh joy ... :)

Attachments:

More
08 Apr 2022 11:10 #239649 by RotarySMP
Good that you could localise the damage. At least now you know what you need to fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Oct 2022 01:07 #253992 by tommylight
Guys, thank you for the support, but i aint fixing it ! :)
3 or 4 days ago i got P.O. at myself for some things.... mainly for investing everything on new machines and the second shop so now i am totally and utterly broke, to the point that i had to ask my mom for money for coffee and cigarettes!
OUCH, that did hurt a lot. :)
So, whenever i get P.O. i work ... lately this has been happening a lot, as a result i have 2 new small "scratcher" machines and another refurbished one finished, finished all 3 of new plasma machines, a monster 3D printer, a smaller 3D printer, another even smaller 3D printer ....
Getting off track ...
The end result of all of the above?
Yanked out the old controller board and PC, any cable that i deemed unworthy, did so much cardio in two days getting under, over, up, above, sideways, anyway and anywhere possible around and inside the machine chasing cables, wires, sensors, .... found another big transformer, an index sensor for Z axis, figured out some more stuff, figured out i need to figure out a lot more, like a LOT more ! :)
And while figuring out the stuff, found out i need sinking outputs while everything i have has sourcing ones, need active low inputs while everything i have is active high! Oh joy ! Anyone have a sudden urge to send me a Mesa 7i72?
Already installed the new PC, Mesa 7i92 borrowed from one of the plasma machines, Mesa 7i77, Mesa 7i84 on the front panel is installed and wired and all buttons and switches working, even the bloody MPG encoder is working after a lot of "signal shaping" as it is one of those pesky +-12V powered ones so 2 resistors and 2 capacitors later it was working but Mesa 7i84 did not care as the output voltage seen from Mesa was +14V and +17v (don't ask) and that warranted use of a resistor and 3 of 5V zener diodes (the next value i had was 33V) in reverse for each output and Mesa was very happy counting all of the ... 25 pulses per rotation ! Yayy :)
Roughly over 60 relays, ~15 circuit and thermal breakers, 2 very big transformers and a puny 1KW one not counting those on the drives, plenty of wires thicker than my fingers, ALL wires come in total of 3 colors - blue-red-black but all of them labeled good bless their souls, ... i am forgetting something... oh yeah, STOP TYPING !!!
:)
Plenty of pictures of connectors and wires so not posting that till i have something worth looking at.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds