2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
15 Sep 2020 00:39 #182166 by phillc54

I really like the neons Tom. Reminds me of my chick magnet street racing car I had when I was 17. You just need to add some sub woofers and a big amp!

:laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2020 20:40 #182267 by tommylight

I really like the neons Tom. Reminds me of my chick magnet street racing car I had when I was 17. You just need to add some sub woofers and a big amp!

If you watched ... you have seen my videos on youtube, so you know i do have a big amplified sub here, but i should have taken one there to complete the mood! :)
Those last pictures were taken with my new Samsung A71 with a 64MP camera that does not have image stabilisation at all so most pictures end up worse than with my Note 8 or Note 9, same thing with the videos, Note 8 still makes very nice videos, Note 9 has some issues with frame jumping, and A71 makes very clear and very useless videos as they appear like smeared all over at the slightest move of the hand. But i did make 2 videos with the A71 that i will upload shortly and post links here, but that "shortly might last a bit since they are 4K.
Thank you all.
Over and out .... . for now ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03

More
15 Sep 2020 21:16 #182277 by thefabricator03
So whats next Tom? Another couple of big tables?

Just curious, are the bigger tables more profitable for you? When you add up the material and labor do they work out better than the smaller ones?

I have been thinking of building two or three smaller tables and seeing what they will sell for.

More
15 Sep 2020 22:10 #182289 by tommylight

So whats next Tom? Another couple of big tables?

Not sure, but if i do not take this one (T2030) back, i will most probably do another one the same size, and during winter i might, just might have another go at making a 6X2M one.
For now i have started one for square tubing, putting some stuff together and running different ideas about how it should end up, and wondering about the CAM part for it. I did try to drag Phill into it but it was a near miss ! :)

Just curious, are the bigger tables more profitable for you? When you add up the material and labor do they work out better than the smaller ones?

Depends, using the same parts = yes they are by quite a bit, but as i did use every thing oversized on these two, there will not be much left for me. And the f@#$# chinese are messing up the prices badly, and consequently my hobby/business as no one cares about all the features and the quality any more, they just see a 8 to 12K price and get a machine with a 5" screen that has no features at all and with a non functional THC.
I am getting tired of this cr@p, so most probably will not sell any of them any more and already decided to quit the CNC service and retrofit job due to multiple reasons, was not an easy decision at all as i was getting a years worth of local salary for a single job for labour only on retrofits, but due to many "experts" here most of the machines i get called to retrofit are already messed up beyond any reasonable repair cost, some are burned to a crisp and i have pictures of one of them.
Took your advice and set the smaller machine outside today, next days i will try to get everything in place to start cutting and see how that goes, this f@#$ chinese pandemic messed up everything, my sister is out of work, my mom had to close her shop, dad is retired, so it is all on me now.
Again, not an easy decision.
Please do not take this as whining or desperation, it is not by any stretch, i am and will be very happy and smiling all the time as long as my family is in good health, had much worse times in my life and ploughed through it, as i said many times before = i am a persistent piece of shit ! :)
And the only regrets i have in life are
-not driving Formula 1 as i was an extremely good driver
-not working for NASA as i had an extremely high IQ at 21 years of age
-not studying at Harvard and MIT due to where i live and getting US citizenship way to late for that
-not working at CERN as i am from Kosovo, so not in EU or in anything relevant
-not working at ITER as i am from Kosovo and they did not even bother to reply
-not dumping windows much earlier than i did ! :)
now would be the time for most people to say that they regret not having hair, but i do have plenty of hair and i really like it grey and shave my head during summer just to mess with my hairless friends ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03, Coachbuilder

More
15 Sep 2020 22:23 #182291 by thefabricator03
I think what you need is a product Tom. Something you can sell for a decent profit that you can make very cheaply with your machines.

Is their any mining over in Kosovo? Over here in Aus there is lots and they use a lot of wear plates and such on all of their equipment. Might be a market for cutting those plates or such.

It is hard competing with the Chinese. And yeah people generally look at price. When I started working at my current company I learnt something interesting. We sell a product that is not cheap compared to competitors. But people still buy because they think we have a really good product. It might be different in your country but from what I have seen is that if you have a good product and can delivery on time every time they will be pay and be back.

More
15 Sep 2020 22:49 #182295 by tommylight

Is their any mining over in Kosovo?

Yes there is, coal and some other stuff like silver, nickel, cadmium, and some gold and we sell all the ore to Italy for 12.5 Euro a ton ! Coal is used for the local power plant, all 600 Mega Wat's of it.
Those are all good ideas, but since all that is government owned, they have their suppliers that change as the government changes.
Thinking more of a niche market, industrial design is quite popular and i can miss use my brothers company for the advertising ! :)

BTW, if any one needs anything regarding marketing and advertising and designs, let me know, i'll have a chat with him as i am also their consultant on such matters ( i was a consultant for several companies here and for the local government for quite some time and for several areas ), the prices here are pitiful compared to what you have to pay for that.
Thank you.

More
15 Sep 2020 23:33 #182300 by phillc54

For now i have started one for square tubing, putting some stuff together and running different ideas about how it should end up, and wondering about the CAM part for it. I did try to drag Phill into it but it was a near miss !

I haven't forgotten about this Tom, just been a bit busy. I also have a couple of questions about things I don't understand to put to you. Later...

More
16 Sep 2020 10:33 #182422 by tommylight
No worries Phill, i am working on some other stuff right now and thinking of adding more to your busy schedule! :)
Like oxy/acetylene cutting, but that is to easy as everything is in place already, just some timing have to be longer, much longer, ex. half an hour preheat, much higher piercing, no probing as that causes a big bang if the torch is on - but a retractable sensor could be added, etc etc.

More
16 Sep 2020 10:36 #182424 by phillc54

No worries Phill, i am working on some other stuff right now and thinking of adding more to your busy schedule! :)
Like oxy/acetylene cutting, but that is to easy as everything is in place already, just some timing have to be longer, much longer, ex. half an hour preheat, much higher piercing, no probing as that causes a big bang if the torch is on - but a retractable sensor could be added, etc etc.

Ahh, a 5 minute job. :)
That is something else I have thought about, I think I may have asked you a few questions quite some time back but as usual I got sidetracked. :unsure:

More
16 Sep 2020 10:49 #182428 by tommylight
Life has a nasty habit of getting in the way....
Leme go poke at TheFabricator for a bit....
Hmm how do you go about pricing ?

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds