Mach3 -> Camtronics -> Parallel P Replacement

More
06 Apr 2021 22:59 #205212 by andypugh
For some reason I thought that you were using a parallel port.

It isn't actually possible to interfere with the index pulse with a Mesa card config.

(Well, it is just about possible, by taking the signal in to HAL and then out again back to the mesa board)

Sorry for leading you astray.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdeeming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2021 23:04 #205213 by rdeeming
No biggie. I got a few days waiting for a same size gear and there is just enough room and belt to shove it in there.

It just forced me to learn a little more ;-)

More
25 May 2021 00:04 #210153 by rdeeming
Got threading good enough to do what I need. Thank you everyone for the help getting here.

Thread Cut Video
Attachments:

More
25 May 2021 00:07 #210156 by rdeeming
Moving off the lathe to the Mill. I am not finding out how to slow down the jog speed of the Z axis going up and down. The jog speed slider in the GUI only changes X and Y jog speed.

Trying to find out how to connect the Z axis jog speed to the same jog slider speed that changes X and Y.

Any ideas?

More
25 May 2021 00:15 #210159 by andypugh

More
25 May 2021 00:16 #210160 by andypugh

Moving off the lathe to the Mill. I am not finding out how to slow down the jog speed of the Z axis going up and down. The jog speed slider in the GUI only changes X and Y jog speed.

Well, _that's_ not expected behaviour.

Can we see your HAL and INI to try to get to the bottom of that?

More
25 May 2021 00:26 #210161 by rdeeming
Changed to public

More
25 May 2021 00:28 #210163 by rdeeming
Hal and ini files for the Mill attached
Attachments:

More
25 May 2021 00:35 #210164 by andypugh

Changed to public

Nice.

Now is about the time you are likely to find that threads (to a standard) are harder than they appear. ISO metric and SAE threads have a significant flat on the threads, taking them p/6 smaller than nominal. Whitworth and ISO pipe threads have a rounding that does the same, but is harder to machine.
If you are trying to fit to an existing part, don't keep reducing the diameter of a pointed thread until it fits. If you do then the root and thread thickness will be under. Draw your thread and touch-off the tool to get the major and minor diameters right with the actual tool.

More
25 May 2021 00:47 #210170 by rdeeming
ok thank you for the heads up and info. so far I was cutting my mess to my own bad mess of threads and not matching other than initially using a die as a sanity/learning check to first fix my numbers and then figure out how much slop I needed to add to get the die to roll ok.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds