Developments on my Home built 5C CNC Lathe - new spindle and progress on the ATC

More
16 Oct 2021 11:04 #223291 by andypugh

Why do you do the initial touch off? 

Just so that the surface speed is correct in CSS mode. And also because the macros I use have a target diameter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2021 14:14 #223297 by NoJo
Thanks Andy - I'm not going to pursue this further - not really finding a 'standard process definition' anywhere - will implement it the way you do and work with that. It's only for my lathe in the end, so I suppose I can do anything I wish to make it work!
I have a bigger problem though , with Switchkins in Master - I believe there is a bug..But I will start a specific thread on that and not mix it in with all my gumpf here..

More
16 Oct 2021 14:26 #223299 by OT-CNC
I put that video together to help another lathe user a while back.
I think the best suggestion is to try and get used to how to set the tools. I took me a while to wrap my head around it the first time. 
An easy visual test to see if things got set correctly is to send each tool to the same position. Example, tool tip to centerline of rotation, (X0) and Z 1 inch away from face of stock in g54. See if all tools move to that point when commanding say a g01 z1 x0 f20. Use a slow feed so you can stop the machine just in case. I always do this test if I'm unsure.

More
22 Nov 2021 15:54 #227305 by NoJo
I spent time on the many other 'small' to-do bits on the lathe and while improving my X home position sensing I DID learn all about setting the tools! Thanks for your assistance - it appears many folk battle with the concepts. Your Video helped!
Thanks

More
18 Oct 2023 16:05 #283242 by awildgoose
How is your lathe going? I'd love a step file of your headstock and spindle to get a really good idea of what's happening in there

More
11 Dec 2023 11:48 #287847 by COFHAL
Excellent work, I congratulate you. Could you share the reference of the BLDC motor?

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds