U axis configuration

More
23 Nov 2011 08:20 #15038 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:U axis configuration

I can, without jogging run a program

Good, so I think you can rule out MIN_FERROR as a problem.

i can only jog X and A 10 mm at a time.

Are you saying that when you select the jog size on the Manual control page you can not select a different size jog or continuous?
What are the INCREMENTS set to in your .ini file?

Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2011 10:46 #15043 by captain chaos
Hi Rick thanks for your reply I just spent the last hour drafting additional info and lost the lot. Some how I got logged out when I submitted it. I will have to get back later.

More
23 Nov 2011 11:49 #15047 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:U axis configuration
As you have noticed, the forums are rather annoying and seem to be falling apart :-(
We are running an ancient, buggy, version of Joomla which has been hacked. This is a source of much frustration.

It is a good idea to copy a long reply into the clipboard before hitting the "Submit" button.

More
23 Nov 2011 12:27 #15048 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:U axis configuration
Well that has tripped up several of us, now if I feel like it is going to be a long response I write it on gedit first.

Rick G

More
23 Nov 2011 12:57 #15053 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:U axis configuration
andypugh wrote:

As you have noticed, the forums are rather annoying and seem to be falling apart :-(
We are running an ancient, buggy, version of Joomla which has been hacked. This is a source of much frustration.

It is a good idea to copy a long reply into the clipboard before hitting the "Submit" button.

I'm attempting to start a new joomla 1.7 as we speak. If I can get it configured properly I'll try and make the switch... might take a while.

John

More
23 Nov 2011 17:08 #15059 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:U axis configuration
BigJohnT wrote:

I'm attempting to start a new joomla 1.7 as we speak.

Thanks for taking that on, I can't imagine it being a small task.

More
24 Nov 2011 09:40 #15072 by captain chaos
Yea the mentality of a kid slashing a soft top back in my day.

How do I submit a photo

More
24 Nov 2011 09:52 #15074 by captain chaos
I have kind of lost the plot here. This was my setup for ini.

[EMCMOT]

BASE_PERIOD = 35000
SERVO_PERIOD = 1000000

[TRAJ]
CYCLE-TIME = 0.010
DEFAULT_VELOCITY = 10
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 100.00

[AXIS-0]
MAX_VELOCITY = 81.4285714286
MAX_ACCELLERATION = 30
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 37.5
FERROR = 1
MIN_FERROR = .25

More
24 Nov 2011 10:05 #15075 by captain chaos
[EMCMOT]

BASE_PERIOD = 35000......................base period works about this I get jitter 24000 to 27000 and settled for 25000 and often got a RAPTI error but it never
SERVO_PERIOD = 1000000................really bothered me before but may be a problem now with four drives.

[TRAJ]
CYCLE-TIME = 0.010
DEFAULT_VELOCITY = 10
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 100.00

[AXIS-0]
MAX_VELOCITY = 81.4285714286...... this was generated by step config for "Gecko 540" with a 100mm input (TRAJ) I guess
MAX_ACCELLERATION = 30.............. this seemed a bit low and uped it to 150 with improvement and 300 even better
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 37.5........... same here 185 with above and then 375 ditto with improvement
FERROR = 1
MIN_FERROR = .25

More
24 Nov 2011 10:28 #15076 by captain chaos
Sorry I'm submitting so many reply's but I don't want to loose the lot again and I don't know how to load a file. Yea you must wonder sometimes.
My setup is in mm and think 100mm per second for a gantry router should be in the ball park.
Now if acceleration is distance per second per second I should imagine it should be as a figure greater rather than smaller than velocity otherwise it would not get there, to the velocity that is. In the WORDS the difference between MAX_ACCELERATION and STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should only be a couple of percent.
With these higher values I can now Jog in "WORLD" mode (continuous) but get a following error when I stop, and I can,t seem to find a good explination on the relationship between MAX_ACCELERATION and STEPGEN_MAXACCEL or even if STEPGEN_MAXACCEL is even required.I also don't understand the relationship between MAX_ACCELERATION and STEPGEN_MAXACCEL and MAX_VELOCITY.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds