U axis configuration

More
28 Nov 2011 21:47 #15171 by captain chaos
Hi Rick I changed it in SCALE = in INI but now you ask I think I see a problem, I'm working back from measurement instead forward from drive?

I looked at Pico, couldn't find anything on the others, not that I looked real hard @ + - $250.00, certainly something to look at down the line. But I can run the machine on Mac3 at 48000 mm a min on a slaved XA axis which is not too shabby so I am obviously doing something wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2011 23:26 #15175 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:U axis configuration
captain chaos wrote:

I looked at Pico, couldn't find anything on the others, not that I looked real hard

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?EMC2_Supported_Hardware

But I can run the machine on Mac3 at 48000 mm a min on a slaved XA axis which is not too shabby so I am obviously doing something wrong.

Does it actually move that fast in Mach3, or is it just that Mach doesn't report that it can't keep up?
If it does actually move faster in Mach than EMC2 then something funny is going on.

More
29 Nov 2011 04:37 #15179 by captain chaos
Just lost the lot again some how I get logged out when submitting something and other times I log out only to stay logged in with no log out button.

Sorry that was 22000 mm/min which is still pretty fast about 330mm/sec. But that was only jogging and with an 80mm run up to top velocity. I have never cut a full substantial program in Mac3, there is always some Windows application wanting attention hence EMC2. Well while drafting the last reply I stumbled on my foolishness I changed the Scale on the INI but not dirhold and dirsetup base periods in HAL so that makes th velocity even worse. If you need to kill an EMC2 machine I'm your man.

So thanks for that sometimes one just needs to talk to someone to clear your mind.

Thanks also for the link if once I have this sorted and I find I need a little more smoothing i shall certainly look into it in further detail.

Cheers Paul

More
29 Nov 2011 05:28 #15180 by captain chaos
No wrong again wrong assumption.

In Joint mode I can run any axis X Y Z A at 12000mm/min or 200mm/sec which is more than satisfactory. But as soon as I go into World mode I get immediate following errors.

More
29 Nov 2011 09:04 #15182 by captain chaos
Just discovered something else, when jogging X in joint no problem but A the linked in world axis moves much slower but I cant jog much more than 100 mm at a time in joint without straining the rig. I have X and A on same scale ( 6mm/rev) and Y and Z on a different scale (1.75mm/rev) and it seems A is picking up scale from Z in World mode rather than its own scale hence the following error. What do you think any ideas or am I way out again.

More
29 Nov 2011 10:55 #15184 by andypugh
captain chaos wrote:

I stumbled on my foolishness I changed the Scale on the INI but not dirhold and dirsetup base periods in HAL so that makes th velocity even worse.

I am not sure what you are saying here. There should be no need to change the base period, and the dirhold/dirsetup either work or don't (and have no affect on speed, as you need to pass through zero speed to change direction.)

Can you zip up the whole config directory and try to either attach it to a reply, or put it on filebin or similar?

Also, which version of EMC2 are you using?

More
29 Nov 2011 11:06 #15186 by andypugh
captain chaos wrote:

Just discovered something else, when jogging X in joint no problem but A the linked in world axis moves much slower but I cant jog much more than 100 mm at a time in joint without straining the rig. I have X and A on same scale ( 6mm/rev) and Y and Z on a different scale (1.75mm/rev) and it seems A is picking up scale from Z in World mode rather than its own scale hence the following error. What do you think any ideas or am I way out again.

The stepgen scale is pulled out of the INI file into the HAL file. It won't change when you go into world mode, it is set up during the startup phase.
Have a look in the HAL file and check that the A-axis stepgen scale is being picked up from the correct section of the INI. (I would call it X2, rather than A, just to avoid confusion). Also check that the HAL file is consistent, that the command and feedback joint numbers match throughout, and match the gantrykins axis-to-joint mappings.

More
29 Nov 2011 22:40 #15201 by captain chaos

File Attachment:

File Name: gan_xxyz.ini
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gan_xxyz.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
29 Nov 2011 22:48 #15202 by captain chaos
Those are my files Hal and INI I tried X2 in place of A in Hal and INI TRAJ coordinates and joint mode AXIS GUI lost joint 3 but jogging joint 0 still gave a joint 0 and 3 following error.

Thanks again for all the help Andy, I know I've been a pain.

cheers paul

More
29 Nov 2011 22:52 #15203 by captain chaos
Sorry I forgot I am using EMC2 version 2.4.6

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds