U axis configuration

More
03 Dec 2011 22:13 #15338 by captain chaos
The [TRAJ]DEFAULT_ACCELERATION certainly soothes things out and I now get 3600mm/min in WORLD mode on the A axis beautifully but now as soon as I jog in the Y axis I now get the following error but I will try upping the acceleration and velocity as I have been tending to reduce it as you say.

In the slaved config I have got going very well so I see no reason why I shouldn't get a good result in gantrykins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2011 22:54 #15340 by andypugh
Y has a smaller max accel than X, I think that the parameter in [TRAJ] needs to match the least accelerative axis.

It's still all a bit strange.

Do you actually have limit switches both sides of the gantry? If not, and you don't need the auto-squaring, I would be tempted to drop gantrykins and just directly slave the motors together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captain chaos

More
04 Dec 2011 20:32 #15377 by captain chaos
Tanks Andy your assistance has been much appreciated and I am also becoming convinced that the axises all need to have the same scale to achieve the same velocity and acceleration in order to get a good result in gantrykins . So I think that will have to be my next improvement.

I have limit switches both ends of the gantry and as I made the reduction boxes myself and I am using a belt drive system I would think the ability to adjust each side separately in the configs would be advantageous

In the meantime trivikins slaved works very well, most probably because of all the fine adjustment made in the attempt at gantrykins. So until I have sorted out the drive on the other two axes' I will leave it at that for now and thanks once again Andy.

More
30 Jan 2013 06:06 #29284 by captain chaos
OK a year later and a major discovery the RF coil, I think it is called, on the power supply had a loose joint :ohmy: most probably caused during shipping and only discovered last week when I moved the controller box for the first time since setting up and the power dropped out. This must be what has been causing the intermittent and strange faults. With a poor connection between the RF coil and the big capacitors in the power supply I should imagine I would get some weird things happening. I am not too clue y on electronics (sometimes a little knowledge is worse than none at all). Thanks once again to all who helped me on this especially Andypugh and Bigjohn sorry this has been a such a waste of your good time :blush:

Cheers Paul

More
30 Jan 2013 08:43 #29289 by BigJohnT
I'm always glad when a plan comes together and you figure out what the mystery is.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: captain chaos

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds