My 7i76e Connection Sheet

More
18 Apr 2017 20:04 #91598 by Gommiswald
Sorry for the double post!!! I didn't know where to post my question.

623/5000
My solution is now that I connect the OMRON sensors to 5VDC.

Another question: Beckhoff AX2500 needs differential voltage signals (+ 10V / -10V) for the frequency and direction of rotation. (A servomotor as main spindle drive). Can one now simply connect Spindle + and Spindle - with the drive connections and the should then function? So spindle+ and spindle- means differential output?

And lastly: Why not switch a relay between the inductive proximity switches and the 7I76E connections? 24V switched by the FieldPower connection via a relay? There would be the whole thing with the resistance simply fall away?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2017 21:41 #91607 by tommylight

And lastly: Why not switch a relay between the inductive proximity switches and the 7I76E connections? 24V switched by the FieldPower connection via a relay? There would be the whole thing with the resistance simply fall away?

I do that for plasma cutters to limit imterferences, namely every limit switch and float switch has a relay power by 24V, the contacts just short the inputsbto the ground. Normaly closed limit switches, so whatever breaks betveen them, i get an error.
More expencive, more work. Much safer and fully isolated from the machine.

More
14 May 2017 20:55 #93199 by Gommiswald
Hi
Now my little selfmade CNC Lathe works fine with the 7i76e Mesa Card. A great card with great functions. The problem with the feedback I solved from one side with the encoder output of the Beckhoff AX servo drive and the Index Signal I take from the Omron photosensor. I didn't need to change the voltage from 24 to 5V. I just connected the signal to an optocoupler relay and then to the encoder part of the 7i76e. First I had some problem, because I didn't get an index signal. This index signal is single ended and the signal A and B are differential. But at the moment, when I took away the connections of A- and B- and installed the jumpers 10-13 in the right order, the index signal runs great, so G76 threading works wonderful.

My experience is the one, that one has to try and change and try, until it works. But it is great, that there is a forum and I used it very often until the lathe worked as it has to work!

Best regards
Daniel

More
19 Dec 2017 20:19 #103360 by Gommiswald
Hi Norbert
Thanks a lot for your wiring diagram. A really great helpful piece of work. Just one question. I want to add an analog in on input 0 for feed override for my Schaublin 128CNC retrofit. Have you maybe a link for a HAL example to configure this analog- in "feed override".
Regards from Switzerland
Daniel

More
19 Dec 2017 21:31 #103363 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic My 7i76e Connection Sheet
Daniel, thats a really good idea and you would probably get more people to look at your question if you raised a seperate thread.

I think it would be pretty easy to do. The 7i76e has analog voltage pins that return the voltage read. Say you put a potentiometer on the field power (I will assume 24 volts), you would need to pick a voltage to represent zero override (say 12 volts). you could use mult2 (with the inverse of 12) to set a 0% to 200% range (0.0-2.0) If say you wanted to limit the control to only allow say 80% to 120% , you could use the scale component to achieve this.

More
24 Dec 2017 00:53 #103502 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic My 7i76e Connection Sheet
Check the manual, some analogue inputs on some boards (7i64 for example) are 3.3V max.

More
24 Dec 2017 00:59 #103503 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic My 7i76e Connection Sheet

Check the manual, some analogue inputs on some boards (7i64 for example) are 3.3V max.

The 7i76e analog inputs discussed on this thread are 8 bit, 36.3 volts full scale with an accuracy of +-5%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
30 Dec 2017 14:29 - 30 Dec 2017 14:30 #103851 by +Jan+
Replied by +Jan+ on topic My 7i76e Connection Sheet
Hello,
I think this might fit here, some days ago I made labels for the clamping brackets of the 7i76:

I attach the pdf and dxf file. I`ve printed them sticked them on doublesided tape.

Best wishes

Jan

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

File Attachment:

File Name: 171217_mes...2-30.dxf
File Size:279 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2017 14:30 by +Jan+.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tecno, snoozer77, torban, silopolis, The_wolf_of_walmart, cconnj, palmac, MisterFixIt1952, Flyer007 and 2 other people also said thanks.

More
30 Dec 2017 14:36 #103852 by tecno
Replied by tecno on topic My 7i76e Connection Sheet
Nice job Jan

More
30 Dec 2017 15:24 #103854 by Moronicsmurf
Very nice, this will help a bundle. =)

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.752 seconds