Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
15 Oct 2022 18:46 #254186 by billykid
Thank you for your quick answer. the app I have already downloaded and installed, I soldered rx and tx and gnd because I did not have the connector but it connects and you can set all the parameters. rs2a03a "0" al0w00 however this abbreviation (the zero highlighted) stands for serial-only encoder. since I have a 400w delta with serial encoder I was tempted to try it but surely they will have different protocols I think.
it was for playing ... for my little cnc i used 7i40 and dc motors with 5000 ppr closed loop encoder and i am fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2022 18:49 #254187 by ihavenofish
if its seriel it has to be one of the r or q motors with serial encoders (usually an F in the motor designation if i remember)

sanyo drives can ONLY run with the specified sanyo motors and sanyo will refuse to help with any non standard config (including using brother specific sanyo motors)

More
15 Oct 2022 19:00 #254188 by billykid
I supposed... anyway I paid 10 € for four sanyo drives and a small danfoss inverter working at a demolition friend ... they were going to take them with the crane, they pitied me and I saved them
thanks for the informations

More
01 Dec 2022 21:08 #258261 by pikis
Can someone help me with ATC encoder wiring?
I'm using Mesa 7i77.
When I connect positive and negative wires of encoder as in Original I/O all my encoder wires for inputs are Negative and I can't use that for my 7i77 sinking inputs.
If I switch positive and negative wires then Encoder is not working but wires for inputs are positive.

More
01 Dec 2022 23:01 #258268 by ihavenofish
I don't remember anymore.

All i remember is there is one wire per sensor (5 total) that goes to the mesa. These were the same wires on the ribbon control cable. The powering of the encoder had been left "as is" and it all just worked.

More
01 Dec 2022 23:34 #258270 by pikis
Yes there are 5 wires for sensors and 2 wires for powering. If I leave powering "as is" these 5 wires for sensors are Negative...
Maybe it's possible to reverse inputs polarity somehow?
Like with Uln2003 for the Mesa 7i77 Outputs..

More
02 Dec 2022 14:34 #258319 by andypugh
Don't reverse the encoder power supply wires. At best it just won't work. At worst it will never work again.

I am a bit puzzled by their being 5 wires. Is one a shield/gnd?

What are you measuring them as "Negative" relative to? If they are pairs then they are likely to be differential pairs so you should see a pulsing voltage _difference_ between them as the encoder rotates.

More
02 Dec 2022 16:32 #258331 by ihavenofish
This is a bcd "encoder" wheel. It has 5 optical sensors. 4 are for bcd encoding. One is a deceleration track.

I am not really sure the issue here though. I never unwired mine from the original control. Just hijacked the 5 inputs off the old cable and they worked.

It is possible that reversing them destroyed the photo sensors and now it won't work.

More
02 Dec 2022 16:55 #258336 by andypugh

This is a bcd "encoder" wheel. It has 5 optical sensors. 4 are for bcd encoding. One is a deceleration track.

Ah, right. Suddenly it makes a lot more sense. 

ULN2003 is no help here, it's a low-side drive item too. 

A transistor (PNP) on each channel might do the trick:
electronicsclub.info/transistorcircuits.htm
See "PNP transistor switch[/b]
load switched on when IC output is low"
Though it might be possible to pull-up the inputs with a fairly high resistor and then have the encoder pull them down. I think I would experiment with that first (10k between the +5V encoder supply and the output pin). Once you can at least see a voltage swing you can adjust the resistor to make it a big enough swing.

More
02 Dec 2022 17:12 #258337 by ihavenofish
None of this was needed on mine. If the machine side power is correct, then it should just work.

They are suggesting it needs a sourcing input, and that is definitely not the case.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds