Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
02 Feb 2021 16:12 #197446 by tommylight
A picture of the drive spec would have been more helpful.
Mains phase and neutral can be wired to any of the two pins,
i.e.
R and T,
or
S and T,
or
R and S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2021 18:04 #197457 by ihavenofish
someone in this thread said they ran their spindle drive on single phase 220.
beyond that i dont know how they set it up. dig back in the thread and see if you can contact that person.

definitely dont use anything other than 220v, you'll fry it.

More
02 Feb 2021 18:08 #197459 by ihavenofish
looking at the pics, you have r s t. thats the 3 phases. USUALLY (i have sanyo axis drives on 1 phase), you use R and S for single phase.

if its not booting up with just those 2 phases, then, something else is going on (were assuming the drive actually works here of course)

More
03 Feb 2021 09:35 - 03 Feb 2021 09:47 #197530 by IceBear
Hi. will share my knowlage (can be wrong :) (PLESE CORRECT if You find uapproproite advice)
RST is surely 3 phase 200 - 220v ("American")....it mean 220 v between phase (f.e. R and S).
In my Brother TC-225 it comes from huge transformer....And I think...after transformer it's galvanicaly insulated from PE???
If You connect 380v it will be badabum:( DON'T TRY!

Usually servopach use 2 different power source:
- one for "Control circuit" abou 50 Wh,
- second - "motor power" to drive motor abou 4KWh
Usually "control power" supplyed to servopack immidiatly after machine "main power on" (green button on panel). After that you can turn motor by hand and see resolver/ancoder responce on screen.
Usually "Motor power" supplyed to servopack by contactor if machine ready to start....no e-stop...and "power" button from UI pressed.

In You case RST is "motor power"
rs is 220v "control power"

My advice:
1......for begining... just connect single phase 220v (ground and L) to rs
2. connect interface cable (usually it's a separate fun story) and ensure that encoder woks
3. then tryconnect 220v to RS..... I think it will not work and goes to "UV" - UnderVoltage error
4. start thinking about 3 phase and transformer :)

good luck !
Last edit: 03 Feb 2021 09:47 by IceBear.

More
03 Feb 2021 17:17 #197573 by Arkadiy
Many thanks! Today I connected the RS power and rs controls to a single phase network. On the panel, three diodes lit up green and the indicator was number 8. I do not know what this means. But I'm glad that it turned on and did not burn. One of these days I will connect all contacts from the encoder to the driver and check how the indicator will react to the rotation of the encoder. I will definitely purchase a three-phase transformer, I bought this motor from Siberia and the seller gave me a week to check, so such a rush

More
04 Feb 2021 10:52 #197631 by Arkadiy
Now I have a question what do these indicators mean and how to connect the motor encoder cable to the servo driver. Can anyone help me with this.
Attachments:

More
04 Feb 2021 11:24 #197639 by andypugh
Have you tried looking online for the manual?
You probably need to find the actual part number, but there are several Sanyo Denki BLSuper manuals out there.

More
04 Feb 2021 16:02 #197658 by Arkadiy
Yes, I looked for a manual on the Internet, but I couldn't find anything. Because this is a 1988 engine. But if anyone has a manual or some kind of wiring diagram, then I will be grateful

More
04 Feb 2021 21:23 #197683 by ihavenofish
i might be able to find that code. i remember seeing codes in some of the random papers i have.

More
04 Feb 2021 21:34 #197685 by ihavenofish
ooor not. seems to only be control alarms listed.
could have sworn it was written somewhere. check on the drive pcb itself, might have a label. oooh, or maybe that clear plastic cover.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds