Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
27 Feb 2021 18:23 #200325 by Williamabbe
Hello! I have Brother tc-227 that I’ve been converting. Running dyn4 servos and drives on xyz and also installing a Delta C2000 drive for the original spindle motor. Also running a SZGH 5 axis controller on it. Does anyone have the pin outs on the CN2 20 pin connector that goes from the spindle motor to the main original Sanyo drive? With replacing the old drive I need the encoder pin outs to hook up to the Delta drive with the encoder card. Thanks!

Have a pic of it attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2021 20:38 #200340 by timfaber
Sorry can't help you out with the pin outs
How are you liking that SZGH controller? Good documentation, post processors, simultaneously control?

More
28 Feb 2021 10:39 #200387 by timfaber
the atc brake pack controller on my tc225 has model number SBR-32 ZP and its by oriental motor

More
24 Apr 2021 12:10 #206947 by timfaber

Any change you have your hal and ini files laying around for me? :)

More
30 Apr 2021 21:40 #207493 by gcofieldd
Hi Williamabbe,
Take a look at this thread on CNCZone. The individual did a conversion on a TC-225 and used a Delta C2000 with the stock brother spindle motor and it sounds like he had a hell of a time getting it to work.

www.cnczone.com/forums/vertical-mill-lat...-tc225-retrofit.html

More
24 Aug 2021 19:33 #218638 by gcofieldd
@ihavenofish
I was thinking about upgrading the servos on my TC-225 to 750W on X and Y and 1kW on Z. When you were working on both your machines (TC-225 and TC-229) did you notice if the ball screws were the same size? Also, what did you end up doing with the original spindle motor and drive off your TC-229?

More
11 Sep 2021 18:03 #220240 by Superdave
Hello I have a tc 215 I'm trying to retrofit and I was wandering if you have the pin out for the ra12m drives. They still work as do my servos. Can't seem to find info anywhere thanks dave

More
07 Oct 2021 18:08 #222476 by IceBear
Hi. 
Surely You can retrofit 215 with only 2 mesa cards and few connectors (I did it few times :)

Attachments:

More
19 Oct 2021 21:40 #223594 by ihavenofish

@ihavenofish
I was thinking about upgrading the servos on my TC-225 to 750W on X and Y and 1kW on Z. When you were working on both your machines (TC-225 and TC-229) did you notice if the ball screws were the same size? Also, what did you end up doing with the original spindle motor and drive off your TC-229?

hi, missed these posts.

the 2 machines have the same force. 229 has 10 pitch screws and the 225 is 5 pitch. basically the 229 is faster with the same linear force and acceleration ability. 750w are overkill on the 225 in a lot of ways, but that's really all you can buy new for a fair price. 86mm motors cost way more for some reason and used sanyos cost more than new deltas. youll need to make adapters and get new couplings.

i sold both of my machines now. i will eventually buy another, but i think i will try to deliberately find a tc228, which is very similar to the 229, but still has an analogue spindle. replacing the serial spindle drive is just so much money. The guy that bought mine replaced the motor if i recall as it was easier than anything else. my friend is using an AB 3000 drive for his, but its derated to 1kw or so and even then the drive cost like $500-$1000 used.

More
24 Dec 2021 08:02 #229865 by szary11
Gents,

I need some help. For tool change I have to change max limit of Z axis from 0 to 140, perform the toolchange and then switch it back to original one.
I have used ini.z.max_limit and that seems to be set ok, I see the borders of working space reflected on axis visual window and the pin value change on Show HAL Configuration menu.
But still, motion seems to be unaware of limits change, whenever I try to move Z into positive values, it throws me an error "joint position exceeding positive limit".

Although I have not switched kinematics I hoped that maybe forcing synchronization via issues M66 E0 L0 would help, but no luck, still no change.

Any idea on what else might missing?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds