biesse rover 316 retrofit

More
06 Feb 2022 17:39 #234131 by Masiwood123
ok in my case i dont have carousel bur want to do simply remap of solenoid pneumatic drills m64-65 ..mean to change them active depend of M6 command in gcode..any advice is welcome because i know very little about it and looking at user files. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2022 17:50 #234132 by ehb
Replied by ehb on topic biesse rover 316 retrofit
Wish I could be of more help, but can't yet. I'm still about to mount the Mesa cards to my Biesse Rover 322 and then I'll have to figure out the same stuff as you. So you're ahead of me right now. :-)

Bevins has developed a tool change process in Python for the Rover 346, but says himself the proper way would be using an ngc file. Can't tell much more since I haven't looked into it yet, but maybe you can find something of interest for you in that code: github.com/bobbevins/Linuxcnc_python_remap_M6

More
06 Feb 2022 18:02 #234137 by Masiwood123
welcome colleague i believe 322 is similar if i can help something. I have reached the stage of physical connection of inputs and outputs that I need ... I would like drills to work, but not nessesery for my job. I was looking at Bevins' file, but nothing is clear to me from python script, but I thought something simpler to try with o word. Thank you

More
15 Feb 2022 17:47 - 15 Feb 2022 17:52 #234960 by Masiwood123
Here's the first cut, I'm not very happy with two things, the first looks bad tunning y axis where like real waves on wood, dro shows very little deviation of the encoder back and forth, maybe 0.3mm ... the second thing is to reduce velocity to change direction , mostly on arcs, the movement is not very smooth but there is a pause at the entrance and exit to the curve, I tried to add G64 P0.1 to gcode but it's the same..does anyone have an idea how to solve constant velocity``? I'm also trying to somehow solve the program by waiting for the spindle to speed up to the given command and only then start the next line, but also without success
Thanks

Last edit: 15 Feb 2022 17:52 by Masiwood123.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Feb 2022 17:57 #234961 by tommylight
A friendly advice, take 3 to 5 days off, do whatever but no machines.
Thank me later.
Back on topic: Nice to see it moving.
Upload the hal and ini files so we can have a look if something jumps as strange.
Use the Hal Scope to plot some traces of joint commanded position and joint feed error, that always helps when troubleshooting such issues.

More
15 Feb 2022 18:46 #234968 by Masiwood123
You are right about that for rest, I would very much like to, but I have a mini series of chairs, so even with two machines, I am afraid that I will not be able to meet the deadline ... and I need this one even if it is as it is now. Take a look when you can...i almost upload all the files in one of the previous posts. Thanks a lot I'll try a little to focus on the Y axis, I think I put P very little and maybe that's why it doesn't hold the axis still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Feb 2022 02:52 - 17 Feb 2022 02:54 #235087 by Todd Zuercher
Waiting for the spindle to come up to speed should be relatively simple. Linuxcnc has the Hal pins spindle.M.at-speed, and almost all VFDs have or can have using a programmable output an at speed singnal. Simply connect them.

As to your motion issues, be sure to check bearings for play. I have often seen such behavior caused by worn parts causing spongy or springy backlash in an axis. You may be able to reduce it's impact by lowering performance (accel and vel) and softening pid tuning, but it is much better to find the real source of the problem. On your style machine that cantilever axis, both it's ways and drivetrain are highly suspect and have to be in perfect condition to get good performance.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2022 02:54 by Todd Zuercher.

More
17 Feb 2022 07:43 #235106 by Masiwood123
Thank you very much
I solved the moving of the next line by putting G4 Pxx (xx number of seconds pause) after the m3 command, since I changed the VFD, will try to find instructions (hitachi j300) ... Y axis works better I doubt the encoder but it can be as you said axial gap in the bearing of the ballscrew ... now it is not terrible, as you said I reduced the P (gain) on Y and it seems correct now. What bothers me more is the break at the entrance of the cutter into the curve and the exit..then linuxcnc drastically reduces the feed .. but not always, on larger arcs it happens about 0.5 sec stops and then continues the trajectory, not so smooth movement as he would say

More
17 Feb 2022 14:06 #235134 by Todd Zuercher
As to your pause, make sure there aren't any discontinuities or sharp corners in your g-code if possible. The machine is going to have to slow down for any sharp corners, if it is going to meet the acceleration constraints of your configuration.

To minimize the affects of this use the highest acceleration rates the rigidity of your machine, and strength of your motors will allow.

That said...
(The following may contain potentially heretical statements and opinions read at your own risk.)
Warning: Spoiler!

More
17 Feb 2022 21:27 #235172 by Masiwood123
I would never remember :) this means a lot to me, I put less acceleration, I think 400, I think it can be doubled even so I'll try..if it doesn't work I'll try the spoiler. Thanks a lot

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds