Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
03 Sep 2019 12:23 #144069 by TexasCNC
No on sheetcam on the post processor choice I was choosing mach 3 with no Z axis as I was manually setting the Z height. What I can do is load the sheetcam .scpost on sheetcam and use that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2019 01:08 #144102 by TexasCNC
Is there a way to for the z or the y axis not to be homed in the middle of the table like I like to start at the corner of the material x0 y0? The x axis moves all the to the right then comes back. I was use to where I would move x y to the bottom corner of material and it would start from there.

More
04 Sep 2019 01:10 #144103 by TexasCNC
Also I placed the material with an angle to see if the z axis would adjust with up down signals and the torch just shorted out and turned off the torch it didnt adjust I checked my connections and all looks good?

More
04 Sep 2019 01:22 #144104 by phillc54
In your torch_height.ini file I would suggest for [AXIS_X], [AXIS_Y], [JOINT_0] and [JOINT_1] that you set:

MIN_LIMIT = -0.001
MAX_LIMIT = the amount of travel you have
HOME = 0.0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.0

To set up your Z axis, just use the Probe Test with the torch disabled.

More
04 Sep 2019 01:44 #144108 by TexasCNC
ok let me try that also I have my pierce height at .20 on plasma config and on the table its not doing that its starting like 2 inches above the material is there any other place to set this?

More
04 Sep 2019 02:07 #144110 by TexasCNC
The pirece height on the post processor is set .2 as well if that matters but on the gui axis plasma run tab I set the pirce height to .2 and its not doing that its like 2 inches above material when the arc starts. any where else i can change that?

More
04 Sep 2019 02:12 #144111 by TexasCNC
Never mind I got it the plasma run tab works I set it lower and it finally responded to my height.

On the proma I set the voltage to 108V and when it cutting it reads only 74V to 84V I see that there is function on the gui Height Over ride do I need to do anything there? I am getting closer to dialing this machine in and getting use to it and making it work!

More
04 Sep 2019 02:26 #144112 by phillc54
There should be NO probing code in your gcode file, have a look at one of the sample files included.

Before when I said:
MIN_LIMIT = -0.001
MAX_LIMIT = the amount of travel you have
HOME = 0.0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.0

I should have said:
MIN_LIMIT = -0.001
MAX_LIMIT = the amount of travel you have minus 0.25"
HOME = 0.0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.0

Then using a 1/8" drill bit as a stop, move your X axis fully left minus the drill bit and You Y axis fully towards the front minus the drill bit
then home you machine and machine 0,0 will be at the front left.
Then you can jog the full extent of your machine and it won't hit a stop.

You can then touch off the material any where you like within the machine limits.

The height override is only to adjust height on the fly.

I don't know anything about Proma's, maybe someone who does can help with that.

More
04 Sep 2019 02:39 #144113 by TexasCNC
OK cool the fist settings are working and got the hang of it while making test line cuts. Just need to see why the THC is not setting to the voltage I set on the proma. Hopefully someone can help with that.

Phill Thanks a lot for the help and helping get through this man was this a journey I am hoping everything goes good with this set up.

More
04 Sep 2019 02:44 #144115 by phillc54
In the Run Panel you need

In the THC frame:
THC = Auto
Use Auto Volts = Off
Velocity Anti Dive = On

In the Cut Parameters frame:
THC Enable = On

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds