Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
05 Sep 2019 02:20 #144175 by phillc54
The first error usually means that you haven't touched off correctly, read thru the last post I sent.

What line number is the Radius error happening on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2019 02:21 #144176 by TexasCNC
Can I just not have any soft limits on my working machine I had them at
min -40
max 40

Didnt have a problem before on my old axis machine where i would set the z. I am not going to be running any jobs that extends the cutting area

More
05 Sep 2019 02:23 #144177 by TexasCNC
On line 190 its starts it then turns torch off but the touch off is working fine through the beginning of the job. And move the z up 3 inches from top of slat home it then move down to obove the slat and hit touch off and enter 0 and then i move it up above material and start the cut

More
05 Sep 2019 02:29 #144178 by phillc54
Well you could make you soft limits outside your machine boundaries but you are asking for trouble.

If you follow the procedure I sent you it will become a habit and it is a good habit to have.

I think the leadin from line 188 to line 189 is too short. That is the cut out near Caddo Lake

More
05 Sep 2019 02:33 #144179 by TexasCNC
I just put my limits to
min -40
max 40

And ran the cut again and i didnt get any errors this time and was able to finish cut

More
05 Sep 2019 02:36 #144180 by TexasCNC
Caddo lake lol yes I didnt put a lead in or lead out on that area cut i have no offsett there.
I know about the dangers lol about the limits but for some reason it just wouldnt finish the cut it would stop as soon as it starting cutting on line 190 and turn off torch and give error.

More
05 Sep 2019 02:37 #144181 by phillc54
Cool, you just need to realise that you will not have the safety backup of soft limits.

Once you get the Home then Touch Off sequence it does become second nature and I would recommend that you persist with it.

As long as you are cutting and happy, that is the main thing.

More
05 Sep 2019 02:41 #144182 by TexasCNC
Yes I am using a cheap Chinese BOB so I only have 4 inputs. And maybe putting some proximity sensors that I have on the axis and maybe wire them in series could that be done?

More
05 Sep 2019 02:48 #144183 by phillc54
You can have shared home switches, I wouldn't worry about physical limit switches. I have not used home or limit switches on my lathes or my mill, I have always relied on soft limits and homing. I have no major disasters to date.

If you feel the need to upgrade to homing switches and physical limit switches you could get a Mesa or Pico card down the track.

More
05 Sep 2019 02:58 #144185 by TexasCNC
Cool will do that...thanks a lot for the help.

I have another desktop with linuxcnc and I was trying to get the Toma thc basic config to work and I started another thread on it and was trying to get it going but getting joint 2 limit error.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds