Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
20 Apr 2020 06:46 #164785 by TexasCNC
Nope no error message.

I tried something and I changed the min limit on the ini file on z axis and joint 2 from -0.0001 to -0.7 and it probes down and hits Flor switch and comes back up with no errors. Can I leave it like that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2020 06:53 #164786 by phillc54
Yes, you have 0.3 float travel so you need the lower limit at least 0.3 lower than the lowest point of the slats

More
20 Apr 2020 07:02 #164789 by TexasCNC
Cool I will do that I ran test file really quick and it working now thanks a lot for the help. Your awesome man thanks a lot

More
20 Apr 2020 07:10 #164793 by phillc54
I wish I had spotted that probe speed earlier...

More
20 Apr 2020 07:13 #164794 by TexasCNC
No worries at least I get to learn it.

More
20 Apr 2020 08:23 #164805 by Clive S

I wish I had spotted that probe speed earlier...

Phill I think that you must have the patience of a saint .:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
31 May 2020 18:55 #169545 by TexasCNC
Phil quick question can I wire a feather ohmnic sense in parallel with floating head pin which is the probe pin? The feather touch www.candcnc.net/store-home/ft-02-feather...h-ohmic-sensor-copy/
looks like it has its own relay and circuitry could I just wire it to the same pin I have already working? I want to say I have a open input port but I need to check. What changes when I switch to Ohmnic on the run tab would that work if it hook it up in parallel with my floating head? Do i need to switch anything on the ini file?

More
31 May 2020 20:30 #169567 by rodw
Why would you attempt to use a proprietary part designed for a specific THC system when you can follow the circuit in the Plasma primer and build something for half the price that everybody knows and can support?

Why would you look at a product that specifically says
We do not sell this for use on other brands of controllers and we will not provide support 
(how to hook it up or troubleshooting ) for use on anything but CandCNC plasma controls with 
DTHCIV/DTHC5.  No refunds or warranty on units not used with CandCNC certified equipment.

It sounds like you are setting yourself up for failure to me.

More
31 May 2020 23:20 #169586 by tommylight

Why would you look at a product that specifically says
We do not sell this for use on other brands of controllers and we will not provide support 
(how to hook it up or troubleshooting ) for use on anything but CandCNC plasma controls with 
DTHCIV/DTHC5.  No refunds or warranty on units not used with CandCNC certified equipment.

I never used anything from them, but since the first time i saw their products i avoided them like the plague. At that time they were selling a THC with an arduino and a two line display for nearly 400$ ! On the cnczone forums there were also a lot of P.O. buyers as they got no replies or refunds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
31 May 2020 23:26 #169590 by rodw

I never used anything from them, but since the first time i saw their products i avoided them like the plague. At that time they were selling a THC with an arduino and a two line display for nearly 400$ ! On the cnczone forums there were also a lot of P.O. buyers as they got no replies or refunds.

And ask thefabricator03 how much he spent with them before throwing it out and adopting Plasmac.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds