Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
20 Apr 2020 04:26 #164726 by TexasCNC
I changed the min limit on axis z and joint 2 from -0.0001 to -0.6 and it let me go just above the slat I entered the command on the mdi panel. I went up to the mark where I homed it. So then I try to start a job and I homed it and I started it and it’s doing the same thing it proves down and it just pauses on top of material doesn’t do anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2020 04:26 #164727 by phillc54
It stops when it is doing what?

What does the DRO read?

More
20 Apr 2020 04:31 #164728 by TexasCNC
I changed the min limit to -0.8 and it probes a little bit lower but pauses again it doesn’t reach the float switch. I changed the min limit to -0.9 and same thing goes lower on the probe but not enough to trigger the float switch

More
20 Apr 2020 04:33 #164731 by TexasCNC
Ok the dro reading is reading 2.2639 on home position where it’s to the top where I marked line. When it probes down and pauses the dro reading is at -0.1861

More
20 Apr 2020 04:33 #164732 by phillc54

I changed the min limit on axis z and joint 2 from -0.0001 to -0.6 and it let me go just above the slat I entered the command on the mdi panel. I went up to the mark where I homed it. So then I try to start a job and I homed it and I started it and it’s doing the same thing it proves down and it just pauses on top of material doesn’t do anything.

So you did:
Power the machine up
Jog X and Y to their home positions
Jog Z so the torch tip is 2" (or a bit less) above the slats
"Home" all the axes
Jog down almost to the slats

And it wouldn't go all the way down????

More
20 Apr 2020 04:44 #164736 by phillc54
Do this for me

Power the machine up
Jog X and Y to their home positions
Jog Z so the torch tip is 2" above the slats
"Home" all the axes
"Touchoff" the Z axis

Now do a probe test and see what happens.

Just stick to this, one step at a time and don't change anything, I am a bit confused at the moment.

Let me know the result.

More
20 Apr 2020 04:53 #164739 by TexasCNC
At first it didnt want to go all the way down to the slat it needed about 1/2 inch to reach to the surface of the slat. So then I went in to the ini file and chnaged the min limit and tried again the moving torch to 2 inch above slat hit home and jog down right above slat to where it touched it and hit the touch off button then went into the mdi and entered the command and it jogged the torch back up to the mark i made where the torch was 2 inch above slat. Then I tried to run a job to see if the touch off would work but it wont it jogs down to work piece and pauses

More
20 Apr 2020 04:53 #164740 by TexasCNC
ok let me do this do you want me to put the min limit back the way they were?

More
20 Apr 2020 04:56 #164741 by phillc54

So then I went in to the ini file and chnaged the min limit and tried again the moving torch to 2 inch above slat hit home and jog down right above slat to where it touched it and hit the touch off button then went into the mdi and entered the command

The last instructions had no command to enter.

Please put the min limit back to where it was and follow the last instructions.

More
20 Apr 2020 05:03 #164743 by TexasCNC
Ok everything is back the way there were and I turned machine on and made sure the torch is 2 inches above slats and homed it then I hit the touch off and after that I hit the probe test and the torch jogged down and didn’t even reach the material 0.7129 on the dro reading is what it read when it jogged down before returning back to home

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds