Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
31 May 2020 23:36 #169592 by tommylight

And ask thefabricator03 how much he spent with them before throwing it out and adopting Plasmac.

I did not want to go there, some 3 days ago i watched a video on youtube from a guy who bought two of their complete controllers with THC and everything, he had a recording of it blowing during a normal cut, literally the machine was happily cutting when the box blew up and filled with smoke! Same thing happened with the other box but they did not believe him so had a camera recording all the time. At over 3000$ a piece, i would be really P.O.
The interesting thing was that in both cases only the THC part blew, the rest was still working, so i wonder, why the hell they do not fix it and replace the faulty ones as they are getting a hefty margin there. Never mind, i just feel sorry for the people who got discouraged from anything DIY by them. Langmuir or Shop Sabre sells the whole machine for that kind of money. I also never used anything from them, but at least the prices are normal for what you get.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 00:05 #169595 by TexasCNC
Yes I saw that I also another gentleman using this setup just see how he had it wired. I see what what you mean I just want to get a quicker probe and since I am cutting 14g to 16g the material warps and sometimes throws off my cuts when I don’t pay attention to it. Do you all have the parts list needed to build my own? And at the moment I am only limited to my Chinese breakout board which I only have 1 input port left on the board. Don’t want to and I know it’s better to use a Mesa card but I don’t want to go through the whole new configuration with it maybe later. Do you have the info for the plasma primer set up?

More
01 Jun 2020 06:04 #169611 by TexasCNC
Can you point me to the correct hardware I need to somewhat make it easier in using mesa electronics? As far board and THC and ohmnic sensing? What cards are needing and what configuration I am going to need to get this working. I can probably get started on a new build I am looking at making my table bigger and I want to use something that everybody is using or popular in using?

More
01 Jun 2020 06:34 - 01 Jun 2020 06:35 #169614 by rodw

Can you point me to the correct hardware I need to somewhat make it easier in using mesa electronics? As far board and THC and ohmnic sensing? What cards are needing and what configuration I am going to need to get this working. I can probably get started on a new build I am looking at making my table bigger and I want to use something that everybody is using or popular in using?

Hey TexasCNC, assuming you live where you say you do, if you contact me here
www.vmn.com.au/contact-us
I can put you in touch with my associate Marshall in Houston.

We are working on a complete assembled controller package based on Mesa hardware and Plasmac. All the hard work regarding carefully engineered motor selection is done. As of today, the Z axis is finally designed so it will all come together quickly from here. We have a few presales ranging from complete tables to retrofits to just the control package.

The first one happened when we had half a circuit board designed, the next was when we had a half a gantry designed but now we have a complete Z axis :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2020 06:35 by rodw.

More
01 Jun 2020 06:53 #169619 by TexasCNC
Yes I am in the states; in Texas and Houston is about 6hr away from me. That's awesome will keep an close eye on this. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
01 Jun 2020 08:24 #169631 by phillc54

Phil quick question can I wire a feather ohmnic sense in parallel with floating head pin which is the probe pin? The feather touch www.candcnc.net/store-home/ft-02-feather...h-ohmic-sensor-copy/
looks like it has its own relay and circuitry could I just wire it to the same pin I have already working? I want to say I have a open input port but I need to check. What changes when I switch to Ohmnic on the run tab would that work if it hook it up in parallel with my floating head? Do i need to switch anything on the ini file?

You would need to use the Ohmic input. You can't have it in parallel with the Float input becuse that has an offset for the float travel.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds