Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
20 Apr 2020 02:49 #164710 by phillc54
No idea, it does seem a bit strange.
You don't need to do any touchoffs, in fact the less you move Z the better. All you need to do is home your machine on startup and that is it, PlasmaC should handle everything. It may well be that because you move Z, PlasmaC thinks you are outside the limits althought I think if that is the case you should get an error.
Can you post your ini file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2020 03:05 #164713 by TexasCNC
Let me get it I just tried to redo the offset for the touch off I am thinking when the Z axis started to act up I am thinking it was missing steps like the driver board couldn't take it. So I am thinking the measurements are off now? I tried follwing these steps you had told a while back ago is there a number I need to input as well like how do we know the amount of travel the torch needs to go down once we entered the these numbers? Lower it down just below the slats and then move it up to the position I want to where i want the machine to be when I want to home it and I get the difference on the dro reading that reading i need to input it somewhere right?

Try this:
move the Z down to just below the top of the slats and note the dro reading
move the Z up to the highest you would like it to go and note the dro reading
za = the difference between the two dro readings
set your [AXIS_Z] and [JOINT_2] MIN_LIMIT = -0.001
set your [AXIS_Z] and [JOINT_2] MAX_LIMIT = za + 0.001
set your [JOINT_2] HOME_OFFSET = za
set your [JOINT_2] HOME = za
Your Z Axis MUST be in the position at 2 every time you home your machine.

Try your probe height at 0.5.

After the first homing jog Z down to near the slats and touchoff the Z axis there then jog Z back to the top.

More
20 Apr 2020 03:23 #164714 by phillc54
If you think your Z is missing steps then you need to sort that out before going any further.

Do you have a home switch or do you do manual homing?

More
20 Apr 2020 03:37 - 20 Apr 2020 03:37 #164715 by TexasCNC

File Attachment:

File Name: torch_heig...4-19.ini
File Size:7 KB

I dont think it is anymore like I said it might of been when it was being over driven or something cause its not doing it anymore. I am trying to set the touch off but its keeps pausing righ above the slat when I testing it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 03:37 by TexasCNC.

More
20 Apr 2020 03:51 #164716 by TexasCNC
When you say for me to try my probe height at 0.5 on the steps you gave me. What do you mean by that I just saw that not sure how it was working I trying to remember how I had it working before.

Try your probe height at 0.5.

After the first homing jog Z down to near the slats and touchoff the Z axis there then jog Z back to the top.

More
20 Apr 2020 03:52 - 20 Apr 2020 03:56 #164717 by phillc54
OK, from the ini file it seems you do manual homing.

Power the machine up
Jog X and Y to their home positions
Jog Z so the torch tip is 2" (or a bit less) above the slats
"Home" all the axes
Jog down almost to the slats
"Touchoff" the Z axis
Open the MDI tab and enter g53 g0 z2
This will bring Z back to the home position

Now you should be good to go. You should never need to "Touchoff" Z again.
It would be worthwhile putting some match marks on all your axes so you can be sure you "Home" to the same position each time.
You could also do a MDI move g53 g0 x0 y0 z2 before shutting your machine down and then you will be ready to go next time

Edit: I fixed g53 g0 x0 y0 z2
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 03:56 by phillc54.

More
20 Apr 2020 03:55 #164718 by phillc54

When you say for me to try my probe height at 0.5 on the steps you gave me. What do you mean by that I just saw that not sure how it was working I trying to remember how I had it working before.

That means the "Probe Height" setting in the run Panel, what is the thickest material you cut?

More
20 Apr 2020 04:08 #164721 by TexasCNC
I cut mainly 14g and 10g material
Yes I manually home the machine. Do i need to input anything on the ini file for the Z axis part?

More
20 Apr 2020 04:14 #164723 by phillc54

I cut mainly 14g and 10g material
Yes I manually home the machine. Do i need to input anything on the ini file for the Z axis part?

No, it all looks good. Follow my next to last post and you should be set.

Really there is no reason to "Touchoff" the Z axis other than how it may appear in some different views of the preview.
If you do think you need to "Touchoff" Z then make sure you got back to the home position with the MDI command.

More
20 Apr 2020 04:19 #164724 by TexasCNC
Ok I just did what you wanted me to and the torch stops about 1/2 inch above the slat.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds