Machine has been working great but my Proma THC is responding slow when cutting

More
22 Mar 2020 21:49 #161141 by TexasCNC
No I don’t use that I believe phill had disabled that on the pos processor he had me upload to sheetcam. Does the feed speed controls on the GUI over write what the code is programmed with? Cause on sheetcam I set up a layer for hole cutting to be 40% slower than the rest of the cut. I don’t see that happening when I run my cuts. I lower the speed down on the controls when it does the holes then put it back to where I had it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2020 22:18 #161144 by phillc54

No I don’t use that I believe phill had disabled that on the pos processor

I am not sure what you mean here shouldn't be anything disabled in the PP, the cut paramaters of the material in PlasmaC are what is used.

Are you using a cut rule to set the hole speed? If so can you post the rule and relevent code snippets..

Can you post the gcode that is not working

More
22 Mar 2020 22:49 #161147 by rodw

No I don’t use that

You need to. Thats how it works....

To slow holes down, you would need to use a code snippet in Sheetcam that applies a feed override as outlined in the Plasmac docs.
There are some screen dumps from sheetcam I posted here in the forum

More
23 Mar 2020 03:40 #161166 by TexasCNC
Well I havent used it I saw it in the guide but I think there was a command on there to disable it? Need to see or could you elaborate it on it? Can you give me the link for the forum that you talked about the screen dumps?

More
23 Mar 2020 03:43 #161167 by phillc54
Everything you need for a Sheetcam PP is here

You need to ensure that there is a PlasmaC material to match the Sheetcam "Tool"

More
23 Mar 2020 03:48 #161168 by TexasCNC
Attachments:

More
23 Mar 2020 03:54 #161169 by phillc54
I don't see any code in there to reduce the velocity.

More
23 Mar 2020 04:03 #161170 by TexasCNC
Is there a tutorial or a how to use the material list? Every time I run a job the error message pops up that no material file was found but it still does the cut. Can I input the information on the run panel as far as the cut height and pierce delay info on there and will it be going to towards the job I am doing?

More
23 Mar 2020 04:04 #161171 by TexasCNC
I did it on the layer I think I labeled it holes and I just put it at 50 or so cut feed and the outside cuts to 75. But it doesnt do that keeps it at 75 through it all. So I just lower it manually on the control on main panel of axis.

More
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds