Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
22 Dec 2012 01:24 #27925 by tjamscad
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

LINUXCNC - 2.6.0-pre0-3563-gab5220d

Yes the keyboard works in 12.04

Have a good and safe trip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2012 01:56 #27926 by cmorley
sorry the commands should be:

sudo apt-get update

then:

sudo apt-get upgrade

Chris M

More
22 Dec 2012 02:13 #27927 by tjamscad

sorry the commands should be:

sudo apt-get update

then:

sudo apt-get upgrade

Chris M

Same results

More
22 Dec 2012 06:39 #27935 by karlkec
I just got Gscreen running on a simulator I use for debugging (using a realtime kernel). I eventually want to put this on a 3-axis knee mill which is currently using a touch screen and Touchy GUI. Some questions:

We have hal signals from joysticks for jogging X, Y, & Z. Is there a way to integrate those with gscreen to jog the axes? We also have a handheld MPG, which generates HAL signals for the encoder, and from rotary switches for selecting the axis and increment. I'd like to use these as well to jog the axes. And there is a panel mounted encoder I'd like to use to jog the axes and for overrides for spindle, feed, and max velocity. Any thoughts on how to do this?

I know Chris is away, but wondering if anyone else has done this? Thanks.

Karl

More
22 Dec 2012 08:26 #27939 by tjamscad
Chris,

I installed a fresh LinucCNC from source because the buildbot wasnt working correctly. I put the files you privided in the locations that you specfied but I still dont see what you have been posting.
Attachments:

More
22 Dec 2012 10:16 #27948 by andypugh

flying into London for a day then to Liverpool for a week or so...
Where are you Andy?

Near London. Then Heading North for Christmas. Nowhere near Liverpool though, at least 50 miles away. (That's a long way in the UK)

More
25 Dec 2012 04:03 #28021 by karlkec
Gscreen is working quite well for me now. Great job, Chris.

I got the incremental jogwheel, MPG, and joysticks working. I should have tried a bit harder before asking the question above.

Thanks a lot Chris for all your hard work on this. This is looking good.

Karl

More
28 Dec 2012 18:54 #28114 by cmorley

Chris,

I installed a fresh LinucCNC from source because the buildbot wasnt working correctly. I put the files you privided in the locations that you specfied but I still dont see what you have been posting.

tjamscad that looks right. it is gray colored because of the theme style, is that what looks wrong?
I'm still in the UK so can answer more questions in a few days.

Chris M

More
29 Dec 2012 00:52 #28127 by tjamscad

Chris,

tjamscad that looks right. it is gray colored because of the theme style, is that what looks wrong?
I'm still in the UK so can answer more questions in a few days.

Chris M

Yes that is it. What theme are you using with the screen shots? I have been using and playing with it quite a bit and have some sugestions and questions. I love this so far it is light years better to use than touchy and axis. Have a great time on the rest of your vacation Chris.

1. Preferences should be located under the debug tab.

2. Debug should be the last tab in the row.

3.Debug should have alarm history

4. MDI the text entry needs to be larger like in the program mode and should contain history of previous input commands.

5. Save and Save As need to be text in run mode.

6. Can you edit the program line before you get to it while the program is running? (program on line 20 edit line 100 with out stoping the program) Haas controls can do this.

7. What is page3 in run mode?

8. What is optional Pause in Run mode?

9. In setup mode I have a red dot with ! in it. What is that?

10. Feed, Spindle and Rapid feed rate overrides should go to 200%

11. The left side bar needs to me wider. In setup mode the status block you cant see the text for jog/

12. Jog Increments are confusing should start at .0001, .001, .010 .100, 1.000, Continus and only go up or down the wraping to the benging will mess with an operator.

13. Since the menu level button just toggles the tabs I recomend removing it for more space for new buttons.

14. I like the blinking ESTOP but sugest changeing color to red and black as well as slowing the blink rate down.

15. I would sugest seperating the Machine on/off and Estop to be 2 different buttons. Maybe even put Estop on the Left side of the screen.

16. I can't tell if Ignore limits is doing anything.

17. The clear status button and the that whole row at the top could be removed for more space.
Attachments:

More
29 Dec 2012 00:57 - 29 Dec 2012 00:58 #28128 by cncbasher
the theme used is blue joy , at least thats the one i use

gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Blue-Joy?content=73387

Dave
Last edit: 29 Dec 2012 00:58 by cncbasher.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds