Random stuff, reduction, servo motors, ideas and thoughts

More
24 May 2020 18:25 - 26 May 2020 04:57 #168816 by machinedude
i translated the information that i was able too and the 5um are rated for 150m/m so i believe i was correct to think 4m/s was incorrect. so i would say .85 m/s is correct on the 1 um model and this is corrected based on me finding the information that was not there before hand.
Last edit: 26 May 2020 04:57 by machinedude. Reason: more information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2020 05:20 #168845 by Henk
That is ok for me. 4000mm/min is the Max speed of the machine I want to use them on.
Tthanks

More
25 May 2020 14:38 - 26 May 2020 04:59 #168873 by machinedude
there was not much of a price difference between the two.so if the slower speed works for you it makes sense to spend a little more on the 1um scales and readers. the price difference was around $55 for the 1um
Last edit: 26 May 2020 04:59 by machinedude. Reason: more information

More
25 May 2020 14:55 #168874 by machinedude
when you start things about dual loop feedback you truly have a fully closed system. even with a servo it is only semi closed with just the rotary encoder.so with the linear encoders you can compare the signals on the servo and linear encoder. so the load is being watched and the motor rotation. this way if you have something like a coupler that fails the system faults. the part i am after is the work around for backlash and lead inaccuracies. when you just use the software for comp on these features the motion becomes jerky and you really only have end point corrections which is not something that work well for tool paths other than straight line moves.

More
12 Aug 2020 08:19 #178009 by machinedude
lets talk about self control i have none at all :) got the idea of me wanting a Tig welder now i just bought one :) i was looking at a completely different unit but then came across the one i bought so i'm at least glad i did not jump on the other one just because it was on sale.

it would seem the AC/DC Tig welders have finally dropped enough in price so someone looking to learn the process can get a decent machine and not spend an arm and a leg just to learn on now. just picked up a 200 A machine for $670 delivered which i thouhgt was really cheap for the features.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
12 Aug 2020 09:34 #178011 by rodw
Looks like nice specs. Got a link? I can't weld so you'll need Stefan's input.

Seriously though you reckon you reckon you have no control.:woohoo:
I bought this last night on an online auction to go with my spaceship!

You can't really have a plasma cutter if you can't bend something I found!
But I gotta wait until Tuesday to get her home. at 3.5 tonnes its not quite a thing you can pick up in a ute (pickup in some countries)
There is one for sale for a bit over double what I paid but it had not been retrofitted with the upgraded Prestek control so I'm happy with what I paid. And its only a couple of km from work so I figured I'd never get a cheaper option!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
12 Aug 2020 09:41 #178012 by machinedude
glad i'm not the only one with self control issues :) here was the link to the welder i picked up. i'm guessing that's a cnc brake ?

ahpwelds.com/product/ahp-alphatig-201xd
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
12 Aug 2020 09:58 #178016 by rodw
Yeh, just a small one 2.0m long (6.5') and 50 tonnes. I've been kinda looking for a while. There was a ride on lawn mower manufacturer who has moved production to China almost across the road so it will only cost $300-$400 to get it home and they had several of them of various sizes. With my total lack of knowledge, I figured the NC control which lets you draw the part you want to fold was the way to go.
This one is a bit unusual apparently as its a bottom up folder so the base lifts up to the knife.

More
12 Aug 2020 10:11 - 12 Aug 2020 10:12 #178017 by machinedude
if it was close to home or it's new home rather that's a huge factor when picking up something used like this. the shipping costs and rigging can add up fast and make a good deal not as great once you getting into moving it from point A to point B.

we have one at work but i don't mess with it and know very little about them. i know we have a manual hydraulic one that is the other way around from how yours works even those are nice to have for simple stuff.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2020 10:12 by machinedude.

More
12 Aug 2020 11:45 #178030 by RotarySMP
Nice bend brake Rod.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds