NativeCam raspberry Pi 4

More
02 Dec 2017 16:38 #102599 by FernV
Hi,

Since you do not mention what worries you, I will just comment what I see

What's that, Bug or Feature?

/usr/share/linuxcnc/aux_gladevcp/NativeCAM/ncam.py:2644: GtkWarning: IA__gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure: assertion `gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL' failed
mi = _action.create_menu_item()

This is a pygtk warning of a bug that affect keyboard accelerators. In File menu, you do not see the accelerators but you can still use what I implemented for File->Open with <ctrl>O, File->Save with <ctrl>S and File->New with <ctrl>N
I had no other way to work around this pygtk bug

[RS274NGC]SUBROUTINE_PATH = ncam/my-stuff:ncam/lib/mill:ncam/lib/utilities:ncam/lib/mill:ncam/lib/utilities:macros

Edit SUBROUTINE_PATH in your ini. Replace it with
ncam/my-stuff:ncam/lib/mill:ncam/lib/utilities:macros

It was doubled probably because NCam was executed twice stand alone on this ini

Everything else looks OK

Regards
Fern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2017 21:12 #103246 by Gene1934
Your messages are strange, have you used the deb package or you cloned from GitHub ?

Cloning is NOT supported and if it is what you have done, delete everything related to NativeCAM and install with the script found here :
forum.linuxcnc.org/40-subroutines-and-ng...as-a-deb-package-now

that script is the one that squawked. And I don't have any idea what message I am replying to. It did install your site to /etc/apt/sources.list.d before it died.

Cheers, Gene1934

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page <geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

More
17 Dec 2017 21:14 #103248 by Gene1934
If cloning doesn't work. and the zip git makes isn't good, how do I install it correctly?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

More
18 Dec 2017 06:11 #103271 by FernV

If cloning doesn't work. and the zip git makes isn't good, how do I install it correctly?

What is your Linux distribution ?

Fern

More
18 Dec 2017 11:42 #103278 by Gene1934
>> What is your Linux distribution ?

Debian GNU/Linux 7, aka wheezy, fully uptodate as of last night. libc6 says its 686 version, aka 32 bit. LCNC didn't work well on 64 bit machines due to the latency created by the much bigger context switch on 64 bit machines. Software step generation with good timing is not possible on 64 bitters. So 64 bit installs can only run at about 1khz servo loops with the stepper driving offloaded to a smart card, like a Mesa 5i25 or a 7i90 and their friends.

I've now nuked it all and installed the deb. Running standalone I still do not have the backplot I see on the left in the you-tube videos. There are some squawks from gladevcp about the camera, and I found that the deb install had somehow nuked the camview.py file in the linuxcnc/config/machinename directory. I had a backup copy, so I restored it, so that is working, mostly. With the lights limited to one 4' led over the lathe about 12 feet away, the camera fps is about 8 and I can expand the axis until the camera output is being scaled up about 30% both ways.

But turn on the overhead lights and and led gooseneck on the side of the mill, the increased fps seems to be too much, and the whole tab turns white because something died, and the only way to resume is to re-start lcnc.
Not your problem either. When it dies, qv4l2 still works for whatever that is worth

More than you wanted to know I suspect.

Its a 640x480 camera. Endoscopy style. El-cheepo at $21 USD. Poor fixed focus, but it lets me get to within a couple thou. Mount needs help, I'm have trouble maintaining its parallax. Not your problem of course.
Not your problem, but camview.py, has an autosize adjust stanza in it that is awful flaky, and the gui buttons under the image need to grow a save button so we can set it and forget it, and it will come back up with those settings as its new defaults the next time its ran. Possibly repurpose the existing debug button since I don't actually see it doing anything.

My own personal python knowledge is not up to that task however.

That also worked well enough to translate the db25 pattern that another user was questioning, and the resultant gcode, fed to linuxcnc on my mill has 2 problems, the left half and the right half look as it the tool rad comp was mirrored, and they are offset vertically as if the z values were also inverted by the mirroring.

Cheers and thank you FernV, Gene1934

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

More
18 Dec 2017 18:55 #103302 by FernV

...Running standalone I still do not have the backplot I see on the left in the you-tube videos

Those videos are running ncam embedded, not stand alone

... I found that the deb install had somehow nuked the camview.py file in the linuxcnc/config/machinename directory. I had a backup copy, so I restored it, so that is working, mostly.

Can you post your ini file and the backup?

...That also worked well enough to translate the db25 pattern that another user was questioning, and the resultant gcode, fed to linuxcnc on my mill has 2 problems, the left half and the right half look as it the tool rad comp was mirrored, and they are offset vertically as if the z values were also inverted by the mirroring.

Are you using the corrected file I posted ?
Finally, how about the example projects you can load, are they working as supposed ?

Fern

More
18 Dec 2017 19:41 #103306 by Gene1934
Those videos are running ncam embedded, not stand alone

So a backplot isn't part of it. Sad.

... I found that the deb install had somehow nuked the camview.py file in the linuxcnc/config/machinename directory. I had a backup copy, so I restored it, so that is working, mostly.

Can you post your ini file and the backup?

The ini file is attached. But it refused the camview.py file I think you are asking about. Wrong dot extension.

...That also worked well enough to translate the db25 pattern that another user was questioning, and the resultant gcode, fed to linuxcnc on my mill has 2 problems, the left half and the right half look as it the tool rad comp was mirrored, and they are offset vertically as if the z values were also inverted by the mirroring.

Are you using the corrected file I posted ?

I must have missed that, link? This is now an install from your deb.
Finally, how about the example projects you can load, are they working as supposed ?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2017 19:54 #103307 by Gene1934
I rendered wheel.xml into .ngc after deactiveting lathe group and enabling mill group, and loaded it into lcnc for a look but in an overhead view, there's sections where the spokes would be completely carved away. Tool table miss-match?

Thanks & Cheers, Gene1934

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

More
18 Dec 2017 20:17 #103308 by FernV
Hi Gene,

Since ncam will presently affect your camview, I will manually edit your inifile and post it.

Do you want NativeCAM in a tab or by the backplot ?

Fern

More
18 Dec 2017 20:39 #103309 by Gene1934
In a tab I think as my right hand pane of the axis display is full up with tallies and displays for a tach, spindle direction and several other utilities. OTOH, if that right hand pane could be tabbed too, that would be useful. I think I won't be needing those buttons and tallies while ncam is running. Only after ncam has done its thing.

Thanks & Cheers, FernV.
Gene1934

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds