Another plasma component...

More
22 Aug 2019 13:10 #142839 by Dee436
Replied by Dee436 on topic Another plasma component...

Hi Phill

I will make the hostmot edit and change the spindles back to 2 and see what happens

Thanks
Darren

Darren please update your forum email I get hundreds of bounced emails from this thread
There was a problem delivering your message to Darren6000ft@...

JT

Not sure why they are bouncing back, I do get someemails from the forum, and the email address in my profile is correct. Is there anywhere else I can check it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 13:21 #142842 by BigJohnT
[quote="Dee436" post=142839Not sure why they are bouncing back, I do get some emails from the forum, and the email address in my profile is correct. Is there anywhere else I can check it?[/quote]

Not that I know of, but when I get a bunch like this google locks down the email account that I use to get bounced emails and it's a royal pain in the rear to get it unlocked again. This is such an active thread can you just unsubscribe from it?

More
22 Aug 2019 13:25 #142843 by Dee436

[quote="Dee436" post=142839Not sure why they are bouncing back, I do get some emails from the forum, and the email address in my profile is correct. Is there anywhere else I can check it?

Not that I know of, but when I get a bunch like this google locks down the email account that I use to get bounced emails and it's a royal pain in the rear to get it unlocked again. This is such an active thread can you just unsubscribe from it?[/quote]

I have unsubscribed from the thread.
If you can let me see the content of one of the bounce backs I will see if it’s possible fo me to resolve from this end.

More
22 Aug 2019 14:01 #142849 by Dee436

Darren,

In hindsight, I think this issue is why you had to set SPINDLES = 1 in the TRAJ section of the HAL file and had problems with the air-scribe part of connections.hal

Hi Phill

I will make the hostmot edit and change the spindles back to 2 and see what happens

Thanks
Darren

I made the changes and it did resolve the issue with spindles=2

I am now able to cut with the latest version of PlasmaC, but am not getting the same quality of cut I was with my previous version. I think this is probably due to all the new THC settings that are available, I either seem to totally lock my thc with velocity anti dive and void sense, or with those Unselected the torch bounces up and down. How do I start work out what needs to go in the various Pid and height per volt boxes? I have tried searching in case this has been discussed before but couldn’t find anything.

Darren

More
22 Aug 2019 19:54 #142877 by BigJohnT

I have unsubscribed from the thread.
If you can let me see the content of one of the bounce backs I will see if it’s possible fo me to resolve from this end.

Thanks, will do.

JT

More
22 Aug 2019 23:39 #142900 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

I am now able to cut with the latest version of PlasmaC, but am not getting the same quality of cut I was with my previous version.

Darren

That was exactly my experience yesterday. Sometimes Plasmac did not look at the ArcOK signal glowing on the screen and it kept burning a big hole on a pierce. Other times, my machine did not give it an ArcOK so time for some maintenance and review of cut settings I think.

More
23 Aug 2019 03:47 #142914 by thefabricator03

That was exactly my experience yesterday. Sometimes Plasmac did not look at the ArcOK signal glowing on the screen and it kept burning a big hole on a pierce. Other times, my machine did not give it an ArcOK so time for some maintenance and review of cut settings I think.

I had the same experience with my CandCNC controller, Expect it was the probe sensing signal that was being ignored, Do you think that there might be something within linuxCNC causing that problem?

More
23 Aug 2019 04:15 #142915 by phillc54

I am now able to cut with the latest version of PlasmaC, but am not getting the same quality of cut I was with my previous version.

Did it stay at Pierce Height the entire time or did it move to Cut Height and stay stationary for a time.
If that happens again can you use HalShow to check that plasmac.pierce-delay reflects the value of the Pierce Delay for the selected material.
Also make sure Puddle Jump Delay is zero
Pierce delay and Puddle Jump Delay are the only things that can prevent moving on after an Arc OK.

More
23 Aug 2019 04:17 #142916 by rodw

I had the same experience with my CandCNC controller, Expect it was the probe sensing signal that was being ignored, Do you think that there might be something within linuxCNC causing that problem?

I'm not exactly sure. The lack of arc OK might be height related. Changed some consumables yesterday morning and got perfect cutting on large parts (10/sheet x 2 sheets 2mm) yesterday morning and then upgraded and had some issues with small parts. This morning I flushed all the air system as its similar to when I had water issues pre-refrigerated drier. I've added a pre-cooler as well so the air seemed as dry as. From observation, it seems to be too high at the start and volts are then too high. Turned off the auto sampling and dropped the voltage by 15 volts and that got it back in the ball park after the THC delay. I could see the torch jump down to height but it was not pretty leading up to that.

I'm told I've been granted some quality plasma time on Sunday so will check all the heights with the torch disabled and try a bit of tuning. I've never played with any of the pid settings and a long time ago in halscope, it seemed to be tracking the setpoint OK but was too high.

More
23 Aug 2019 04:22 #142918 by rodw

Did it stay at Pierce Height the entire time or did it move to Cut Height and stay stationary for a time.
If that happens again can you use HalShow to check that plasmac.pierce-delay reflects the value of the Pierce Delay for the selected material.
Also make sure Puddle Jump Delay is zero
Pierce delay and Puddle Jump Delay are the only things that can prevent moving on after an Arc OK.

I kinda covered most of this in my last post. Puddle jump settings are both 0 but now I see there is an ohmic offset so I might play with that to get closer onto correct height.

Does Plasmac probe up again until the ohmic circuit breaks again to set surface height? I assumed it would do.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.866 seconds