just another plasma build

More
01 Dec 2019 21:20 #151701 by machinedude
one other thing i happen to come across was a bolted frame vs welded in vibration dampening. i seen something about bolted frames having better qualities in that respect? i have no idea if it's true or not but i will see sooner or later.

ideally i would like to see if i can end up with a few different head heads to attach to this table for different processes. so this build will end up routing and possibly light gantry milling and then onto plasma just because the first two are low investment compared to a plasma unit.

i think once i get the table top frame work solid the gantry would do well since it's pretty solid despite being aluminum. my gantry is probably close to 200 lbs and i have the motors to handle that sort of work as well.

if light milling works well i am no longer limited to pierce thickness and can do much thicker work. i would like to do a zoned vacuum table in aluminum and have a removable water table for the plasma end when i get to it.

this is not a light weight build at all i should be well over 2,000 lbs minus the water table part of it when i get done.

if nothing else this whole thing should be entertaining at least :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2019 07:58 #151955 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic just another plasma build

thefabricator03 wrote: Sure would make it easy to get a flat pack made and sent to you from China. Assembly Required!!

Did someone mention China! I'm there right now but I think a flat pack plasma might be a bit beyond my carry on luggage limit!

I'm in Shanghai for an automotive trade show. Spent the last 2 days walking and still have not got around all of the 6000 exhibitors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
04 Dec 2019 08:18 #151957 by machinedude
that's OK. like i said i have multiple plans for different uses so i would never find a pre made kit to equal the train wreck of ideas floating about in my head :) so your off the hook on smuggling anything out of the country :) besides i doubt they have WiFi in the camps so the community here would miss you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
04 Dec 2019 08:30 #151958 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic just another plasma build

machinedude wrote: that's OK. like i said i have multiple plans for different uses so i would never find a pre made kit to equal the train wreck of ideas floating about in my head :) so your off the hook on smuggling anything out of the country :) besides i doubt they have WiFi in the camps so the community here would miss you :)

Plus they fingerprinted and photographed every foreigner as we entered the country. Pretty amazing place.

More
04 Dec 2019 08:35 #151959 by machinedude
i'll take your word for it and just admire from afar :) internet has all kinds of pictures that will do just fine for me :)

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds