My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
11 Jun 2020 19:45 #171173 by PCW
Have you tried swapping the X and Y drives? (the motor and step/dir connections)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2020 19:50 #171174 by rodw
OK, master branch included changes to the trajectory planner to include state tags. I think you should roll back to V2.8 in case something was broken by the changes to master branch. It should not affect your config in any way.
If that resolves the issue, then we need to file a bug report.

More
11 Jun 2020 20:02 #171175 by dvn4life1972

Have you tried swapping the X and Y drives? (the motor and step/dir connections)

Only the drivers. I haven't swapped any motors at this point. There was no change when the drivers were swapped (i did this after the issues on the previous PC laptop was still running the table, in order to complete the experiment).

More
11 Jun 2020 20:04 #171176 by dvn4life1972

OK, master branch included changes to the trajectory planner to include state tags. I think you should roll back to V2.8 in case something was broken by the changes to master branch. It should not affect your config in any way.

Ok, I'll work on that right away. I recall asking someone when I got the desktop machine if I should try 2.8 and it was recommended to use 2.9 master. This is probably a super easy process for most of you guys, but it's a major undertaking for me because of my lack of familiarity and knowledge on this whole OS lol. I'm drinking again because of it as a matter of fact.

More
11 Jun 2020 20:26 #171177 by dvn4life1972
On another note...went to grab this dolly and this fuzzy thing was in my hand. Does anyone have a defibrillator I can borrow?
Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2020 20:33 #171178 by PCW

Only the drivers. I haven't swapped any motors at this point. There was no change when the drivers were swapped (i did this after the issues on the previous PC laptop was still running the table, in order to complete the experiment).

When you said no change, did you mean that they error was still just in Y?

More
11 Jun 2020 20:35 #171179 by dvn4life1972

When you said no change, did you mean that they error was still just in Y?

Yes. The error was identical after the swap, and still there when I reverted the swap.

More
11 Jun 2020 20:38 #171180 by PCW
Can you run without homing?

If so you could try swapping just the x/y step connections,
just to rule out any electrical issues.

(the plot will be rotated 90 degrees)

More
11 Jun 2020 21:03 #171182 by dvn4life1972

Can you run without homing?

If so you could try swapping just the x/y step connections,
just to rule out any electrical issues.

(the plot will be rotated 90 degrees)

Done. No change (same error).

More
11 Jun 2020 21:08 #171183 by dvn4life1972

I've changed it to 2.8, that actually was not bad at all. The spider gave me a damn minor heart attack. Anyway, peculiar results...

I made the swap that PCW requested, then tested and found no changes (with a square).

After I reverted that, I used the wizard to make a 2" circle and cut it out (under 2.8) and it seems to be just fine. I again used the wizard, to make a square this time, and the error appeared.
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds