MonoKrom - QtPyVCP GUI for PlasmaC and Mill

More
28 Sep 2020 12:09 #184151 by tommylight

Can we get a cool little animated paper clip to bounce around the screen and periodically offer help and tips and tricks?! :laugh:

OH Hell NO !!!
:) :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: oddwick, AgentWD40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2020 12:21 #184155 by rodw

Rod, is this the stock controller on your brake, or is this something that you're working on making? I've wondered why there aren't many, if any, linux controlled press brakes. I see enough of them up for sale with bad controllers, and the controllers themselves cost a fortune. I figured that there would be some linux retrofits out there. It seems like one could be made fairly easily. I don't know how to code for it, but I could definitely help write the formulas that would be needed on the computed calculation side of things.

CBEAR, the original NC control from Amada was a push button affair. The previous owners ( a lawn mower manufacturer about a mile from my shop) had a few Amadas all retofitted with the Icon100 Presstek Control. See icontrol.net.au/
Its a 6 axis servo controller. The local Prestek technician who did the retofit 2-3 years ago has been around a couple of time to get it going and is very helpful and knowledgeable. He has not even sent me a bill!

My machine only has X & Y axes and I asked him how hard it would be to control the other axes if I was silly enough to add a few more servos and he said it could be done pretty easilly.

You can create your own punches and dies in the software by filling out a few measurements. There are a few videos on their site to give you a feel for it and also I think you can download a demo of the software. When I popped in the Odroid, a copy of Windows 10 and a new touch screen, I was able to set that all up away from the press.

It has a cool looking graphical screen you can draw your parts but the tech said most people just build a list of bends. I think that would be pretty easy to achieve in Qtpyvcp. It does a lot of error checking and it won't run until all systems are green for go! There are also a few other settings for retract and dwell on each bend as well. You could just build a csv file to represent each bend. You can't drag and drop bends so yes, if you knew the maths and how to calibrate for bend depth, It would be pretty easy.and be rolled up into a custom component
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
28 Sep 2020 12:28 #184159 by KCJ
Rod, we have an old but massive (65,000lb) 6mmx3500mm mild steel capacity folding machine. If I had the time I'd love to convert it to LinuxCNC, but I'm afraid we'll just have to scrap it. I've been slowly removing and saving all the good bits like motors and drives, so it won't be a total loss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, pinder

More
28 Sep 2020 12:58 #184164 by rodw

Rod, we have an old but massive (65,000lb) 6mmx3500mm mild steel capacity folding machine. If I had the time I'd love to convert it to LinuxCNC, but I'm afraid we'll just have to scrap it. I've been slowly removing and saving all the good bits like motors and drives, so it won't be a total loss.

What no MonoKrom-Fold?

I was thinking that if all of the data was collected in a csv file for each bend, it could just spit out a bit of calculated gcode to drive the axes and actuate the ram when you pressed the pedal. Something like Axis remote might be able to send the gcode without actually writing out a file.

You might be able to create a Vismach model to run through a sim on another tab (which is included in the Icon).

Anyway, enough of this, we need a plasma cutter to make parts for the folder first! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

More
28 Sep 2020 13:03 #184165 by pinder

Idea for Linuxcnc Press brake.

The very first thing would be to add linear encoders.
Those wired to mesa and to linuxcnc.

Then we need some control valves for hydraulic pumps.

Using some kind of PID, we have to sync axis displacement and DRO.

when we get the z (or Y vertical axis, tool) moving.
Which is most important I think.
we can use some steppers amd linear guides for back suppprt.

When we are able to control all axis precisly then a GUI with all formulas for bend angles can be used.

I hope I'm somewhat right. or just ignore me.
I cant stay quiet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, Franklin

More
28 Sep 2020 13:17 #184168 by rodw

Idea for Linuxcnc Press brake.
The very first thing would be to add linear encoders.
Those wired to mesa and to linuxcnc.

Then we need some control valves for hydraulic pumps.

Using some kind of PID, we have to sync axis displacement and DRO.

when we get the z (or Y vertical axis, tool) moving.
Which is most important I think.
we can use some steppers amd linear guides for back suppprt.

When we are able to control all axis precisly then a GUI with all formulas for bend angles can be used.

I hope I'm somewhat right. or just ignore me.
I cant stay quiet.

You just want to paint the world yellow!
I kinda think CBEAR is right. once you got into it, it would be pretty simple.

More
30 Sep 2020 04:24 - 30 Sep 2020 04:25 #184348 by pinder
Statistics panel done;
I'll get some hands-on with qt designer.

I think option of exporting stat data to csv or other suitable format would be excellent for some people, even importing it will help in some cases.
if it is stored in csv, then i thin it will be pretty simple.

svg is in the zip

File Attachment:

File Name: Web192010.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Sep 2020 04:25 by pinder.

More
30 Sep 2020 06:18 - 30 Sep 2020 06:21 #184355 by pinder
I am hoping that we could add camera panel which @phillC54 showed in his thread.
@phillc54 what other buttons would be needed for this panel to work?

If people think that this is more important, then we could add a main tab for this other than settings
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Sep 2020 06:21 by pinder.

More
30 Sep 2020 11:15 - 30 Sep 2020 11:15 #184371 by KCJ
Looks good!

A camera panel is a requirement I think. And is easy to add from a programing point of view, so there is no reason not to.

I made great ptoy on reading and writing the run setting last night. I'll post when I get home from work this evening.

Pinder, can you wip up a simple design for a splash screen witth loading progress indicator? I'm no good at design...

Cheers,
Kurt
Last edit: 30 Sep 2020 11:15 by KCJ.

More
30 Sep 2020 11:30 #184372 by pinder

Looks good!

A camera panel is a requirement I think. And is easy to add from a programing point of view, so there is no reason not to.

I made great ptoy on reading and writing the run setting last night. I'll post when I get home from work this evening.

Pinder, can you wip up a simple design for a splash screen witth loading progress indicator? I'm no good at design...

Cheers,
Kurt

Sure
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds