MonoKrom - QtPyVCP GUI for PlasmaC and Mill

More
28 Sep 2020 02:44 #184091 by KCJ
Got the parameters run page pretty much done, but I don't know what the settings are supposed to hook into. I will need some help with understanding how that is all supposed to work with PlasmaC.

Cheers,
Kurt
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2020 03:18 #184094 by rodw
The plasmac user guide is here
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...ml#material-handling
The Plasmac component is here
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/plasmac.9.html

The cut parameters are stored in a separate .cfg file so the gui needs to parse it and allow a popup selection to select one.
I've attached mine.

File Attachment:

File Name: spaceship_....cfg.txt
File Size:14 KB

If you review the plasmac sim in 2.8 or 2.9, there should be some hal or tcl files that map all the GUI pins to the component. Typically they take their name from the Tab name

Ideally somebody should share their config. Mine is too complex to be a good example. Maybe Pinder or Snowgoer could assist.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

More
28 Sep 2020 03:20 #184095 by rodw
Plasmac also includes a pretty complex filter on gcode files so I suspect it needs to e supported somehow too,
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

More
28 Sep 2020 03:33 #184096 by phillc54

Got the parameters run page pretty much done, but I don't know what the settings are supposed to hook into. I will need some help with understanding how that is all supposed to work with PlasmaC.

It is a bit hodgepodge because of the way it grew, all the relevant files are here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...s/by_machine/plasmac

For the run panel the python file is:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...asmac/plasmac_run.py

The permanent hal connections are:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...smac/plasmac_run.hal

The run.cfg file stores the settings plus the default material, the material file stores all other materials. The run panel also has the ability to add/edit/delete materials.

An example config file is:
Warning: Spoiler!

An example material file is:
Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

More
28 Sep 2020 03:51 - 28 Sep 2020 03:52 #184099 by pinder
Contiuous help would be needed from @phill54C.

This was the part where my mind stopped responding :laugh:
Last edit: 28 Sep 2020 03:52 by pinder.

More
28 Sep 2020 03:57 #184100 by rodw

Contiuous help would be needed from @phill54C.

This was the part where my mind stopped responding :laugh:

Yes, Phill has created a bit of a monster with Plasmac I think.:woohoo:

More
28 Sep 2020 04:02 #184101 by KCJ
Doesn't look terribly difficult, at least that's what my sleep deprived brain thinks after reading the PlasmaC docs since I was too tired to sleep.

Reading and writing the material files is easy. And then it looks like there are HAL pins for the rest, which again shouldn't be difficult.

Looks like it's going to be a busy week with clients flying in (unusual since COVID started), but hopefully I'll have some time to play with it.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, pinder

More
28 Sep 2020 11:54 #184142 by CBEAR
Rod, is this the stock controller on your brake, or is this something that you're working on making? I've wondered why there aren't many, if any, linux controlled press brakes. I see enough of them up for sale with bad controllers, and the controllers themselves cost a fortune. I figured that there would be some linux retrofits out there. It seems like one could be made fairly easily. I don't know how to code for it, but I could definitely help write the formulas that would be needed on the computed calculation side of things.

More
28 Sep 2020 11:56 #184144 by rodw
Ok, I have got a dev install up and running on Linux Mint. I was getting an error window pop up complaining about IntEnum not being found when opening Linuxcnc.
pip install enum34
Fixed it per this thread
stackoverflow.com/questions/44666136/imp...-import-name-intenum

That did not come up anywhere in the qtpyvcp docs

Quite cool. I'm kjeen to play a bit more when Kurt gets another yellow fix!

I have to say I was getting quite crosseyed on this thread looking back to find the link to Kurt's repository. It was bad enough with yellow screen dumps everywhere but it got worse with the yellow user icons of Pinder and KJC!

Now I know why Kurt was so keen to help! Its YELLOWWW!!!

Love the Pinder icon on the task bar when its minimised!

Kurt I have to say I'm a bit of a novice with git but I have done a little bit including doing one pull request to Linuxcnc but once you push your latest work, I might be able to help a bit.

More
28 Sep 2020 12:09 #184150 by tommylight
Now that we are all gathered here, would someone more light handed than me make a list of what needs to be on what window and what should be hidden on other tabs, so we can make a democratic choice by voting and have KCJ implement something completely different ? :)
All jokes aside, great work so far, but now it is getting to the point where ideas are poring in, so to save KCJ much needed time and nerves, it would be nice to decide on a set of stuff and stop adding things as there is no tomorrow.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds