MonoKrom - QtPyVCP GUI for PlasmaC and Mill

More
27 Sep 2020 21:59 #184066 by pinder

1. The first thing I noticed is the Breakaway status is missing from the Main page.

It can be added.

2. The THC panel has things in it that have really nothing to do with the THC.

can you mention those?

3. Consider having all of the "File" options on their own tab, this will free up a lot of room.

if more people ask so.

4. I agree, there is a need for custom buttons on the main tab. A lot of us use that a lot.

again if more people ask it

5. I saw you left the Hypertherm Comms off of the config tab. Do you have a plan for those? As a hypertherm user, I need them :)

it was a space problem, I'll see if can manage

6. The rapid, feed, and jog sliders are a bit large, any thing we could do to shrink them?

they are work under progress, you must have seen large screen screencapture
see the first page for reference size

7. Any chance we could work the time on to the main page? If we are going to load this full screen on touch monitors, seeing what time it is is really useful :laugh

time can me placed. I'll update in next screen

8. Can the "Alarm" tab, or really any of them blink when there is something that requires your attention there?

Sure

9. For cut recovery, there are a few directional arrows missing (diagonal).

i have not used cut-recover before.
those can be added in needed.

10. I really like the colored G-Code.

Sorry, red is only for errors.

For example, the OHMIC and THC wouldnt have to take up so much room.

read carefully.
thats only a config panel.

thankyou for your suggestions. you've got a pretty GUI yourself

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2020 22:06 - 27 Sep 2020 22:09 #184067 by pinder

Yes, QtPyVCP already catches and makes the error messages as channels. There is an error messages widgets that records each error with a time stamp, and you can sort and filter error messages based on type. Maybe we can use this, or make something similar that might fit in with the design better.

I have come up with something.
When an error arrives, screen should auto switch to Alerts tab and highlight axis, estop or whatever.
And we have plenty of room there for error and alert widgets.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2020 22:09 by pinder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
27 Sep 2020 22:10 - 27 Sep 2020 22:21 #184068 by AgentWD40
I agree with snowgoer that the color gcode syntax highlighting looks nice, but I can also see where pinder is coming from in regard to keeping it monochrome. My shop has sun lights that completely wash out the screen at certain parts of the day so I get the need for monochrome. And at the same time how much are we really reading the gcode in that window anyway? We can't even edit it there.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2020 22:21 by AgentWD40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, snowgoer540, pinder

More
27 Sep 2020 22:12 - 27 Sep 2020 22:15 #184069 by snowgoer540

2. The THC panel has things in it that have really nothing to do with the THC.

can you mention those?

Probe, Float, Arc-Ok, Float, Torch really have nothing to do with the THC.

3. Consider having all of the "File" options on their own tab, this will free up a lot of room.

if more people ask so.

4. I agree, there is a need for custom buttons on the main tab. A lot of us use that a lot.

again if more people ask it

You might consider cross posting this in the PlasmaC section to get more feedback. I'm pretty active over there, and it took someone pointing me here for me to see it...

For example, the OHMIC and THC wouldnt have to take up so much room.

read carefully.
thats only a config panel.

Sorry I was not clear, that was in reference to the GUI I mocked up. I had really large THC and OHMIC buttons that didnt need to be that big :)

Thank you for adding the other suggestions to the "list". I know there is a lot of hard work going into this!
Last edit: 27 Sep 2020 22:15 by snowgoer540.

More
27 Sep 2020 22:15 #184071 by snowgoer540

I agree with snowgoer that the color gcode syntax highlighting looks nice, but I can also see where pinder is coming from in regard to keeping it monochrome. My shop has sun lights that completely wash out the screen at certain parts of the day so I completely get the need for monochrome. And at the same time how much are we really reading the gcode in that window anyway? We can't even edit it there.

Yea, I agree, it's not something I have in Plasma land now (I have it on my Tormach, but agree it's just a nice to have). I guess I got confused on the mockups, I must have saw an older one. Just saying what I did and didnt like.

A friend suggested that he could still read the GUI with his Plasma shades (usually green) on, so I think that factors in too!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

More
27 Sep 2020 22:25 - 27 Sep 2020 22:30 #184072 by pinder

They are indicators not buttons and are pretty important to me. All buttons have touchable size.

You might consider cross posting this in the PlasmaC section to get more feedback. I'm pretty active over there, and it took someone pointing me here for me to see it...

Things on the main screen will have to be stick like that, because that it the idea from where it all started. IMHO Changing too much will ruin everything, and we will forget from where we started.

Should I post on PlasmaC forum too?

Thank you for adding the other suggestions to the "list". I know there is a lot of hard work going into this!

thankyou too for your suggestions.

here's your powermax option
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Sep 2020 22:30 by pinder.

More
27 Sep 2020 22:44 - 27 Sep 2020 22:44 #184074 by snowgoer540

They are indicators not buttons and are pretty important to me. All buttons have touchable size.

Sorry indicators. At any rate I was just saying that the frame label of THC isn’t really accurate, since it contains more than that, that’s all.

Thanks for cross posting.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2020 22:44 by snowgoer540.

More
27 Sep 2020 22:53 #184075 by AgentWD40

Bookmark forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/recent
... It's all about 90% plasmac related anyway :laugh:

More
27 Sep 2020 23:14 #184077 by snowgoer540

Bookmark forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/recent
... It's all about 90% plasmac related anyway :laugh:

Haha good idea :laugh:

More
28 Sep 2020 00:41 #184084 by rodw
Based on what KJC has said about error messaging, I thought I'd share these screens for some inspiration....

Pressbrake with no errors (note status lines at the top - first line summarises job settings, Job ID, Material thickness, top tool, bottom die; Second line prints latest event log entries)

The status line concatenates the last few errors on one line
Note the buttons are all colour coded. Green is operator entry, light blue is system calculated and will change colour if you override it.
Nothing will run until all axes have a green bar in them
Pressing Run, its bar will go green unless there is an error somewhere. Foot pedal is activated. Pressing foot pedal runs the cycle.

Pressbrake with estop set. Status turns red.

Clicking on the status line at any time displays the error log
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds