Sample Qtvcp Screens

More
28 Jan 2023 01:31 #263040 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens
Here is with it split to full gcode.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2023 02:12 #263041 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens

Unzip the archive to the linuxcnc/configs folder. Place style files and woodpecker.qrc with replacement at usr/share/qtvcp/screen/woodpecker, you will be able to switch styles from settings tab. The size changes to F10(min), F11(max). In the woodpecker_xyza.ini file, remove -f from the DISPLAY section.

Seems to not be resizing horizintally, The sreen @1536x834 kooked squashed, but on 1080p, the resizing stuff might need some work

I did delete prefs file
This is a chromebook so might be a bit odd.
Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2023 02:22 #263042 by rodw
Actually @1536 x 834, the squashed text eappears to be in the spindle group. Do I have a font missing?
To me it looks like the left edge should align with the jogging group and shrinking the sliders

Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2023 07:00 #263057 by hottabich
Replied by hottabich on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens
You can go to the designer and fix the size for your monitor. Or fix it. And you don't have to delete anything. Everything works. I am attaching the corrected version.
Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2023 10:02 #263064 by rodw

You can go to the designer and fix the size for your monitor. Or fix it. And you don't have to delete anything. Everything works. I am attaching the corrected version.

Well, after installing a couple of fonts
BebasKai.otf 
BebasKai.ttf 
Lato-Heavy.ttf
and tweaking the spindle up and down button text in QT DEsigner, I solved most of my problems but I have an issue with the jogging increments I don't know how to solve:

Further help appreciated :)
Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2023 11:46 #263073 by MarkoPolo
Replied by MarkoPolo on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens
Hi Chris

It's a good idea to place the settings sections in the qspiters, I also thought about it and I've already done some tests, you could also make the lower sections so that they are set in a certain range.
After turning on qtdragon to full screen and setting the sizes of individual sections, is it possible to save such a layout to restore the layout after restarting?
If you can, share the modified qtdragon.ui file

More
28 Jan 2023 13:29 - 28 Jan 2023 15:55 #263081 by hottabich
Replied by hottabich on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens

You can go to the designer and fix the size for your monitor. Or fix it. And you don't have to delete anything. Everything works. I am attaching the corrected version.Well, after installing a couple of fontsBebasKai.otf BebasKai.ttf Lato-Heavy.ttfand tweaking the spindle up and down button text in QT DEsigner, I solved most of my problems but I have an issue with the jogging increments I don't know how to solve:Further help appreciated :)  Thank you for your attention. I fixed the speed increment bug. There was no mark in the status_label. Problems with sizes still arise because there is no hiding of system panels. Judging by the screenshot, you are using Pop OS?  

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jan 2023 15:55 by hottabich.

More
28 Jan 2023 13:44 #263083 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens

Judging by the screenshot, you are using Pop OS?

Nope, not Pop OS, at least not the default appearance.
Looks like some ChromeBook versions of Linux.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hottabich

More
28 Jan 2023 13:58 #263085 by rodw
Hmm, Thanks, that made no difference here. I dd go into designer and its the same as your screendump.

Yeh Tommy is right, I run sims on my Chromebook which lets you install Debian Bullseye on it.
I have been having troubles with it running wayland but finally have a workaround for that by putting this in muy .profile

export PYOPENGL_PLATFORM=x11

Bedtime here.
I may see if i can get this on a machine tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Jan 2023 17:51 #263101 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Sample Qtvcp Screens

Hi Chris

It's a good idea to place the settings sections in the qspiters, I also thought about it and I've already done some tests, you could also make the lower sections so that they are set in a certain range.
After turning on qtdragon to full screen and setting the sizes of individual sections, is it possible to save such a layout to restore the layout after restarting?
If you can, share the modified qtdragon.ui file

I'll start a new thread for this.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds