Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place

More
14 Jul 2020 23:41 - 15 Jul 2020 00:05 #174671 by my1987toyota
Well I decided to for the time being go against the grain as it were. Very few people use Linuxcnc to operate a Pick and place
machine ( dm17ry comes to mind ) however since that is what I currently have access to for experimenting that's what I am going to do. I need my CnC mill operational for now so I cant have it out of commission changing out controllers.

This kind of project will definitely push my current limits and capabilities. I plan to integrate computer vision AKA openCV so the machine can self align for fine pitch chips and small parts just like the commercial machines do. I will also be utilizing the auto advance feeder system the machine already has.

I know there are programs like OpenPnP that can be utilized, however I feel that what I can l learn now doing this project will allow me to do better work/engineering/automating in the future.

The video below is what I hope to be the first of many of my progress.

Last edit: 15 Jul 2020 00:05 by my1987toyota.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2020 08:14 #174693 by tommylight
This is going to be interesting, i like challenges. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
17 Jul 2020 01:49 #174893 by my1987toyota
I figured I would post some more videos as well . These have actually been posted elsewhere on this forum
but I feel posting them here as well would help give a good overview of what I am working with.

More
17 Jul 2020 02:08 - 17 Jul 2020 02:09 #174895 by my1987toyota
I hope dm17ry doesn't mind me making use of the coding work he has posted on Github for his PnP project
to help get me up to speed on mine. This whole project reminds me of when I first started learning about CAD/CAM
and CNC at the same time mostly with the help of Youtube and experimentation. It was both great and terrible all rolled into one. Long story short, well, lets just say I am glad the first thing I wired in was an emergency stop switch. :blush:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2020 02:09 by my1987toyota.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Jul 2020 07:19 #174904 by tommylight

I hope dm17ry doesn't mind me making use of the coding work he has posted on Github for his PnP project
to help get me up to speed on mine.

If he would mind, it would not be on github.

More
23 Jul 2020 21:23 - 23 Jul 2020 21:29 #175576 by my1987toyota
Well some progress has been made the machine is moving it's axis. I definitely have more work to do especially since
the rapids or G0 moves are very slow . See the bonus video for how fast this machine can be.

bonus footage
Last edit: 23 Jul 2020 21:29 by my1987toyota.

More
23 Jul 2020 21:48 #175578 by my1987toyota
I have been very busy with getting this project going . In this video I run a simulated job. The rapids are very slow.
I still have to figure out why. That said I must keep in mind that the week before this machine hadn't run under its own power
for close to a year. If you don't want to watch an over 5 minute video of the machine working I understand. It's very boring. I hope to have this thing running an actual job in the next couple of months (at full speed). That includes operating the feeders and accurately placing all the components in their proper orientation (diodes and lots of Led's).

More
24 Jul 2020 09:27 #175613 by tommylight
The max_velocity is way to low, that has to be raised by quite a bit for all axis.
Beware that each axis has two instances of them, and that has to be raised also in the "display" and "traj" sections in the ini file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
24 Jul 2020 15:53 #175649 by my1987toyota
Thanks tommylight. looks like I will be doing more reading this weekend on how to do that. My biggest challenge will
probably be getting the feeders working properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Jul 2020 16:38 #175654 by tommylight
Give us some info on how they function and what signalling they need.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds