Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place

More
28 Jul 2020 22:36 #176297 by my1987toyota
unfortunately I didn't have a whole lot of time for tuning the stepper speed today so the machine hasn't taken flight yet :P .
however the machine is faster then it was yesterday. Now I have to find a way to label the A axis a C axis any thought on this is appreciated . And the to do list just keeps growing.
connect homing switches
make feeders operational
and then
and then
and then....:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 00:40 #177449 by my1987toyota
This week I haven't made much progress on the machine per say, however I did find and fix an issue with my fusion 360
linuxcnc post processor not returning the X and Y axis back to the home position.

More
17 Aug 2020 23:38 #178554 by my1987toyota
Isn't it funny how when you get going on a project life jumps in and hijacks everything. I haven't been able to do much
on the PnP ,however I did manage to cross off converting my old Windows XP laptop to linux mint 19.3 XFCE . Then quickly followed
a second and a third laptop ( family ). Unfortunately none of them were good candidates for linuxcnc especially my XP machine, it had a max Jitter of 2.2 million on the base thread. The rest is due to work getting really busy on me so I am stuck to when I have free time
( not much of that either ) to mess with the PnP. I am trying to build circuitry for the homing switches so that when they're in their home position each will light an LED. Of course even that has to throw a wrench into things. 3 of them turn it's photo transistor off when in home position and the 4th turns it on . Oh well it's always something .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Aug 2020 20:13 #178623 by tommylight
Some stuff regarding latency etc
Installed Mint 20 with RT 4.9 on an Acer that had perfect latency with Mint 19 and RT 5.4, latency warnings !!!
Same mint on a Lenovo T420S running on batteries works perfectly ! It never worked, no matter what kernel or Linux or voodoo i used.
No time, so later some more poking around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
23 Aug 2020 20:54 - 26 Aug 2020 23:09 #179139 by my1987toyota
when I finally get time again to mess with things I will have to check into doing a laptop with the mesa 7i76e or ed
for my Mill or possibly a Lathe to convert to cnc ( Grizzly G0602 comes to mind ). For now I am using one of the
laptops for evaluation with Linux mint for every day computer use . I like it a lot, I just have to get use to using the terminal for installing most programs . As far as the pick and place is concerned I did get the Mesa 7i75 so I can use the other output port of the 6i25 card
in preparation for actuating the feeders .
Last edit: 26 Aug 2020 23:09 by my1987toyota.

More
23 Aug 2020 21:05 #179141 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place
The synaptic package manager gives you a GUI interfaces to install programs. As I got more confidence, I moved to using the command line.

More
26 Aug 2020 23:16 #179604 by my1987toyota
thanks rodw I will have to check into the synaptic package manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
27 Aug 2020 19:25 #179726 by Bari
Replied by Bari on topic Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place
I have to finish working on the openCV plug-ins for QTPYVCP. then you can add a cheap webcam for aligning the pick-n-place head to the parts and also align the machine to fiducials on the PCB.
imgur.com/IFdlrj3 50um gap edge detect using Sobel filter with $20 USB microscope

imgur.com/cjDq6A6 28ga hole in pcb same cam

imgur.com/ljz9qCf 6mil pcb trace same cam

imgur.com/ssEuxB7

More
03 Sep 2020 22:44 #180597 by my1987toyota
thanks Bari I will defiantly keep an eye out for that

I'm finally able to get the machine to home itself . I could get the X, Y, and Z to home but the A axis just kept turning
so I figured I needed to reverse the digital logic going into Linuxcnc. ( I will do a video this coming week
about how the homing system works ) after a few weeks trying different circuits I got nowhere. Out of frustration
I did some axis tuning and hooked the A axis home switch up in the same configuration as the others
and it worked . So now I am happy that the machine fully homes and also feeling like a complete moron for not
figuring this out earlier. Talk about not seeing the trees through the forest. Now I just need the get the feeders to
advance on command how hard could that be?

P.S.
Yes I do actually know I am in for a real fight trying to figure it out.

More
10 Sep 2020 01:14 - 10 Sep 2020 01:21 #181534 by my1987toyota
So here is video 6 . I hope to have the temporary homing control board ( perf board with some led's and resistors ) built soon.
I am one step closer . Sorry in advance for the shaky cam work. One of these days I will actually get good at shooting video.

Last edit: 10 Sep 2020 01:21 by my1987toyota.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds