Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place

More
25 Jul 2020 22:49 #175806 by my1987toyota
WOW. So many great replies . As far as the Arduino, the reason I suggested it was because I am familiar
with it by experimentation. That said even Arduino makes me feel like an idiot a lot of the time.
I was warned Linuxcnc has a bit of a learning curve and it did not disappoint. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2020 23:00 - 25 Jul 2020 23:15 #175808 by my1987toyota
oh one other thing I had noticed in linuxcnc that is MUCH better than Mach3 is the pause command
in Linuxcnc when pause is issued the machine immediately comes to a halt.:)
in Mach3 when pause is issued the machine eventually comes to a halt when it feels like it.:angry:

well since using the auto feeders is dependent on accurate positioning ( everything is actually ) I had better get all the homing
switches hooked up. That will probably be what I work on this coming week.

I have taken a look at the suggested reading from the earlier posts by phillc54 and rodw .
I could have sworn I was looking at Arduino code.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2020 23:15 by my1987toyota.

More
25 Jul 2020 23:35 #175820 by tommylight

oh one other thing I had noticed in linuxcnc that is MUCH better than Mach3 is the pause command
in Linuxcnc when pause is issued the machine immediately comes to a halt.:)
in Mach3 when pause is issued the machine eventually comes to a halt when it feels like it.:angry:

I got bored of repeating that for a looooong while, so i stopped.
But it does mane for some magnificent crashes! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
26 Jul 2020 01:55 #175837 by my1987toyota
tommylight so very true, or when after you pause you decide to hit run, this happens instead. look for time 3:04

that whole run was a bust anyway. I am getting the feeling that after I get the hang of Linuxcnc I am going to wonder
why I didn't do this sooner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Jul 2020 09:30 #175876 by tommylight
A friend uses it on a Chinese router, his table is full of holes from the spindle ramming into it when setting the Z axis height, it goes pgdown>move>pgdown>move>pgdown>no move>pgdown>no move, release the button and turn to look at the machine >Z axis goes in the table. :) Witnessed that once, was hilarious.

More
27 Jul 2020 00:51 - 27 Jul 2020 00:54 #175997 by my1987toyota
( tommylight wrote - release the button and turn to look at the machine >Z axis goes in the table. :) Witnessed that once, was hilarious. )

and that right there is why I wire in an E-stop button first.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2020 00:54 by my1987toyota.

More
27 Jul 2020 09:18 #176031 by tommylight
Yup, e-stop is the first thing that should be made functional on machines, then enable, and only then the rest of the stuff.
On my plasma cutters i do not have e-stop, never ever needed one ! :)

More
27 Jul 2020 22:16 #176152 by my1987toyota

The max_velocity is way to low, that has to be raised by quite a bit for all axis.
Beware that each axis has two instances of them, and that has to be raised also in the "display" and "traj" sections in the ini file.

Thank you tommylight for the help that made a big difference.

now I have to get the homing switches set up, they use a phototransistor sensor with a thin blade to brake the beam when
home is reached.

More
27 Jul 2020 23:31 #176166 by tommylight
From the sound of it, you can set that much faster, i would test it at 20 and 30.
That also needs to be set in the TRAJ section and for each axis and joint separately.
Let's see if it can fly off the table ! :)

More
28 Jul 2020 01:58 #176202 by my1987toyota

From the sound of it, you can set that much faster, i would test it at 20 and 30.
That also needs to be set in the TRAJ section and for each axis and joint separately.
Let's see if it can fly off the table ! :)

I will look it over tomorrow when I get to work.
It's current table is particle board so it'll probably become sawdust before the PnP could fly off of it. :P

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds