Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
18 Nov 2020 18:36 #189707 by tommylight

Last month I bought Brother TC-221 1986.year.
Currently reporting an error on servo drive for xyz(A7-1-10047-1D Sanyo Denki) and for spindle drive is uses 20BA150FFWB0D REV D from Sanyo Denki.
- I want to replace the old controller, which mesa cards to choose?
- I have a desire to try to run existing drivers if any of you have documentation and want to help me.

Pozdrav Aleksandre,
Na ovom linku imas mnogo informacia o tome:

Hello Aleksander,
Linked is a lot of info about that:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to
The following user(s) said Thank You: blaza84

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2020 07:55 #189763 by blaza84
Hello everyone,
Thanks for the answers
Do you share the opinion that it is better to replace drivers and motors to not to try to run existing ones ?

More
19 Nov 2020 08:03 #189765 by blaza84
Postovanje, Hvala Vam na odgovoru i na usmerenju.
Da li mislite da je bolje da izbacim stare drajvere i motore ?
Da li Vi imate neku semu kako bih mogao da povezem drajv od glavnog spindle pogona da bar njega iskoristim ? Da li cu moci da imam pozicioniranje-orjentaciju zbog izmene alata ?
Hvala .

More
24 Jan 2021 09:55 #196389 by timfaber
I recently also bought a Brother TC-225, and have been reading this post with great joy. The question that comes to mind is: how bad is this tuning imperfection really in practice? Reason I want to know is that I do not really have the budget right now to invest in new servo motors and drives, so i would like to use the stock ones as well.

More
24 Jan 2021 10:00 #196390 by timfaber
I also saw there is are lots of tuning options on the stock drives, loads of potentiometers. Anyone that has been playing around with those? btw my xyz driver is a Sanyo Denki model: BA020FFWB-301

More
24 Jan 2021 10:06 #196391 by timfaber
Another option would be to sell the stock driver and motors, and buy new servos and drives from China. Don't know if i will get decent money for the stock ones, i do see them over on ebay for about $500

More
25 Jan 2021 17:41 #196539 by ihavenofish

I recently also bought a Brother TC-225, and have been reading this post with great joy. The question that comes to mind is: how bad is this tuning imperfection really in practice? Reason I want to know is that I do not really have the budget right now to invest in new servo motors and drives, so i would like to use the stock ones as well.

its bad enough that you wont be able to use it in my experience.

More
25 Jan 2021 17:42 #196540 by ihavenofish

I also saw there is are lots of tuning options on the stock drives, loads of potentiometers. Anyone that has been playing around with those? btw my xyz driver is a Sanyo Denki model: BA020FFWB-301

the drives are perfectly tuned, i would not tamper with their settings. its only linuxcnc that needs tuning (which doesnt work well)

More
25 Jan 2021 17:46 #196541 by ihavenofish

Another option would be to sell the stock driver and motors, and buy new servos and drives from China. Don't know if i will get decent money for the stock ones, i do see them over on ebay for about $500

the motors will sell for $200-$500 each.
the drive will sell for $500-$1000.

might take some time is all.

delta B3 400w / 750w kits with drive/motor/cables are $400-$500us a set plus shipping. youll also need adapter plates and new couplings.

so, youd have to spend a little more probably, BUT, youd then have the cutting edge drive performance of a brand new machine.

More
25 Jan 2021 17:59 #196542 by timfaber
Thanks for your reply! Hope i can bother you with some more questions :)

1. I don't know the model numbers of the motors, they're never printed on them since their Brother specific motors. So maybe a bit harder to sell without model numbers? If i would get near the prices you've mentioned I've covered most of the expenses of new servo's indeed.

2. Any recommendations where to buy the Delta servo's?

3. Did you use the original drive for the spindle? if so do you have the pinout for these?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds