Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
25 Jan 2021 20:40 #196555 by ihavenofish
the axis motors definitely have model numbers. they are not brother specific. sanyo 25bm... the drive also has a number. that one IS brother specific. but, remember, the people buying these will likely be repairing a brother, sooo, just list them as tc225 parts with whatever numbers you find on them.

fasttobuy2012 is a good source for delta. they i think are on holidays (all china is) right now though.

the spindle drive and motor work perfectly with linuxcnc as is. dont need to change them. dont think i posted a vid for it here, but i had a "simulated" tapping cycle going and it was happy right up to 6000rpm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2021 21:17 #196558 by tommylight

the drives are perfectly tuned, i would not tamper with their settings. its only linuxcnc that needs tuning (which doesnt work well)

Did the drives/motors work well with the original control ?
If they did, they should work much better with LinuxCNC when properly tuned.
I did several retrofits of 15 to 25 year old machines, mostly using existing motors/drives, and always the end result was better tolerances.
Mind you, some drives are tough to tune, some are very easy, but with a bit of effort they always ended much better.

More
25 Jan 2021 21:26 #196560 by ihavenofish
you keep repeating this over and over... yet offer no actual advice on how to actually tune it better..

the general conclusion here is that with a velocity loop in the 50-100hz range, without jerk control linuxcnc cant tune out the resonance.

"tolerance" was fine. it would track better than a thou at any speed or acceleration. this was never the problem. harsh vibration was the problem on acceleration.

its a total waste of time and money to attempt to make them work, when you can sell them and buy new high end servos for a small amount of money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Jan 2021 21:50 #196566 by tommylight
Sorry, lost track of it, now you mentioned it i do recall you had issues with them.
If by any chance you think i could help, feel free to use this:
www.tomberisha.com

More
26 Jan 2021 09:13 #196609 by timfaber
The drives where not properly tuned with the original control, Y had some weird overshoot and resonance, i will try to tune that on the drives with the original control.
The thing is with the original drives and a mesa 7i97 i have laying around i can have a go at trying to tuning them pretty inexpensive, and i can always trash that idea and buy new motors and drives. Hopefully with the help of the knowledge on this forum we can get it to perform a bit better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Jan 2021 14:42 #196619 by ihavenofish
oh, you should definitely given them a try is everything is operational. just expect to have resonance issues.

More
02 Feb 2021 08:26 #197388 by Arkadiy
Hello. I bought a spindle servo from brother 225. I can't figure out how to connect it to 220v. Or is it necessary to connect 3 phases of 200 volts to the transformer? This is necessary for my cnc project. If I connect the servo driver to 3/380 volts or so it might break?
Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2021 10:22 #197404 by tommylight
3X380V will brake a 3X220V drive.
Most drives will work using one phase and neutral so it gets 220V, but i would not push it to hard when wired like that. Do not use 2 phases, that still makes 380V.

More
02 Feb 2021 11:32 #197408 by rmu
My brother 225 has a transformer, it can be wired for 3 phase 380V (400V) input, that should be a Y configuration if I'm not mistaken. (Delta config for 220V input)

More
02 Feb 2021 13:41 #197427 by Arkadiy
Unfortunately I don't have a three-phase transformer. I want to figure out how to connect one phase of 220 volts to the terminal blocks of the servo driver. And I read earlier that one of the forum participants was able to start it from a single-phase voltage.
Which terminal blocks R S T and r s. Connect phase and neutral?
Attachments:

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds