Bridgeport Torq-Cut TC4G Retrofit

More
08 Feb 2021 20:13 - 08 Feb 2021 20:55 #198059 by chopper79
Yes, but cleared that out with M30 and have issued multiple M3s100 commands afterwards. Also deleted my .VAR files just incase something was held in there.

I did notice that the spindle directions will not work correctly unless the following has been done:

net spindle-index-enable <=> pid.s.index-enable
net spindle-enable => pid.s.enable
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm => pid.s.command
net spindle-vel-fb-rpm => pid.s.feedback
net spindle-output <= pid.s.output

Changed to this:

net spindle-index-enable <=> pid.s.index-enable
net spindle-enable => pid.s.enable
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs => pid.s.command
net spindle-vel-fb-rpm-abs => pid.s.feedback
net spindle-output <= pid.s.output

Without adding the -abs the spindle will not run in the proper directions and REV = FWD and FWD = FWD (Not sure there). The config was generated without the -abs. I found this by going through some old known configs from other machines I have done.

Could there be something there?
Last edit: 08 Feb 2021 20:55 by chopper79. Reason: Wrote the wrong information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2021 21:04 #198070 by PCW
M30 does not clear the spindle speed, you would need S0 for that
The following user(s) said Thank You: chopper79

More
08 Feb 2021 21:24 - 08 Feb 2021 21:28 #198077 by chopper79
Thats right... Thanks for pointing that out on the M30.

Ok, I did the following:

1) Issued a M3s100 command = Spindle went to 100rpm
2) Issued a M3s0 command = Spindle went to 0rpm (No rotation at all)
3) Checked the VFD keypad to see if FWD was still on = FWD is not on anymore when M3s0 is commanded
4) Looked at the axis gui and FWD (CW) is still on
5) Stopped spindle using axis gui
6) Pressed spindle FWD (CW) on axis gui = 1rpm rotation again.
Last edit: 08 Feb 2021 21:28 by chopper79.

More
08 Feb 2021 22:00 #198083 by PCW
Sounds like just a GUI +- speed characteristic if you don't have an issue
with
M3 S100
M3 S0
M5
etc

More
08 Feb 2021 22:10 #198087 by chopper79
Is this something that has changed over the last 2 years that you can recall? (I know it has been awhile since I done this) I never had this issue on previous machines so I figured something I done was incorrect.

I would think that even a M3s0 command will still keep the direction output on as the gui shows it is on. I mean M3s0 zero is still the same thing as M3s100 excluding the commanded speed. If the gui direction is still on then the output should still be on as well I would think.

Wonder if this is going to cause issues with ATC? I guess we will find out when I get to that point.

Thank you sir.

More
09 Feb 2021 23:02 #198216 by andypugh
S0 turns off the spindle.

I don't think it is right, but it has always been that way.

More
10 Feb 2021 00:58 - 10 Feb 2021 04:34 #198232 by chopper79
Hello,

I am in the process of working on spindle orientation. I have been researching methods of accomplishing this, but seem to be finding many different methods.

The old method I used was motion.spindle-orient which does not seem to be supported anymore. This old method I thought I could issue an M19 only and a output was sent from my 7i77 to the vfd and the vfd would execute the orientation process the was internal to the VFD. Maybe not also, I do not recall.

The current VFD has this option also, but I will need to set it up first. As of now though spindle.0.orient will not go high when M19 is issued unless I use M19 R- Q- [P-]

From what I have seen I need to use spindle.0.orient and utilize a M19 R- Q- [P-] or use orient.comp instead.

Based on everyone's experience what is the best method to perform orientation of the spindle?

If using the orient.comp can all the values be set in the ini and hal so there is no need for the M19 R- Q- [P-] to be used?

Kind of confused on this process to be honest and not sure how to proceed.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2021 04:34 by chopper79.

More
10 Feb 2021 01:01 - 10 Feb 2021 04:31 #198233 by chopper79

S0 turns off the spindle.

I don't think it is right, but it has always been that way.

I agree with you as I think it should be kept on when S0 is issued. If it has always been this way I guess I have never noticed this before.

The larger issue I have is the 1 rpm rotation when I click on the CW or CCW in the gui.

Usually when I click on CW or CCW from the gui the spindle never rotates, but now it does for some reason or another. This still has me puzzled as I do recall this not happening before. Still thinking about this one some more and going to contact the new owner of the Matsurra I did and double check if it does this.

I will ponder this some more while orientation is being sorted out.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2021 04:31 by chopper79.

More
10 Feb 2021 09:34 #198256 by andypugh

The old method I used was motion.spindle-orient which does not seem to be supported anymore. This old method I thought I could issue an M19 only and a output was sent from my 7i77 to the vfd and the vfd would execute the orientation process the was internal to the VFD. Maybe not also, I do not recall.

This is still the current way. All that has changed is that you can now orient many spindles, and the pin name is spindle.0.orient (etc)

More
10 Feb 2021 16:58 #198292 by Todd Zuercher

This is still the current way. All that has changed is that you can now orient many spindles, and the pin name is spindle.0.orient (etc)

As to the 1rpm when clicking. What is the response you would desire when clicking those buttons? There are some configuration settings that will change that behavior somewhat. But they may still not give the effects you desire. If what you are after is that the spindle will start at what ever the last commanded S-speed was, that I don't think is possible, at least with the Axis UI.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds