Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
26 Jul 2013 11:14 #37053 by cmorley
Can you send me the original screwed up tooltable file?

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2013 21:02 #37069 by tjamscad
Chris,

This is a quick tool seting link from a fanuc control. The button might not be the same but the princple is for almost macines.

www.wisc-online.com/objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=MTL17302

More
27 Jul 2013 07:51 #37080 by andypugh

I think this is probably nothing to do with Gscreen. I think I have heard of this before, it is something to do with a blank line either present where it shouldn't be or absent where it should be in the tool table file.

(I really need to get back to the task of replacing this bug with newer ones)

More
27 Jul 2013 09:09 - 27 Jul 2013 09:09 #37085 by LAIR82

I think this is probably nothing to do with Gscreen. I think I have heard of this before, it is something to do with a blank line either present where it shouldn't be or absent where it should be in the tool table file.

(I really need to get back to the task of replacing this bug with newer ones)

Are you possibly refering to the semicolon on the first line? I see this mentioned in the Tool Table Wiki. What is the purpose of this and if it was missing would this possibly give me this fault?

Rick
Last edit: 27 Jul 2013 09:09 by LAIR82.

More
30 Jul 2013 19:56 #37262 by LAIR82
Here is a copy of the tool file that it would not read, I don't see anything wrong with it though.

We are trying to see if there is a sequence of events that is causing this, or how we are entering our data in to the tooledit page, example, does 0.0010 make any difference than .0010. Again, the only way to get " Requested tool XX not found in tool table" to go away is to delete the tool, and then re-add it, using the delete and add buttons in the tooledit widget.

If we find anything I will report back ASAP.

Thanks

Rick
Attachments:

More
31 Jul 2013 00:46 #37276 by tjamscad
Chris,

Did you get my theme working on your system? I was just looking through some old posts and saw one about the sliders widths.

More
01 Aug 2013 09:10 #37319 by cmorley
I did yes thanks.

Chris

More
26 Aug 2013 19:10 #38107 by LAIR82

Here is a copy of the tool file that it would not read, I don't see anything wrong with it though.

We are trying to see if there is a sequence of events that is causing this, or how we are entering our data in to the tooledit page, example, does 0.0010 make any difference than .0010. Again, the only way to get " Requested tool XX not found in tool table" to go away is to delete the tool, and then re-add it, using the delete and add buttons in the tooledit widget.

If we find anything I will report back ASAP.

Thanks

Rick

Hello Guys,

I am moving this conversation to www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...87-tool-offset-patch, I am pretty confident that it is something with the way this patch is handled and not gscreen.

Thanks

Rick

More
04 Oct 2013 05:03 #39521 by newbynobi
Halo Chris,

Translating gscreen I noticed some messages like 'can't switch spindle on manuell while in AUTO mode'

Why that? That has been sorted out and is allowed from linuxcnc.
So I beleave that is a relict from the past.

I do allow spindle and coolant switching at any mode in gmoccapy.

Norbert

More
04 Oct 2013 09:28 #39523 by cmorley
You are right I have not updated that option yet.

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds