just another plasma build and then some :)

More
10 May 2020 02:41 #167223 by machinedude
apparently my mold like Epoxy Granite. I need more Epoxy :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 18:21 #167294 by machinedude
mold worked well and things turned out pretty good for what is done to date. i know i plan on painting the frame so some body work to prep for paint is going to be in order since this material is pretty hard to mold in a finished off appearance

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
23 May 2020 12:53 #168684 by machinedude
china has some decent products if you can find a good manufacturer in the sea of crap just like any other country but the language barrier is a royal pain in the butt to deal with. i have come to the conclusion that translators suck and make a mess of transactions or getting to a transaction trying to sort details out. end of my mini rant :angry: :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
23 May 2020 13:27 #168688 by tommylight
Google does a pretty nice job of translating German, strange since German is very hard by any standards, but it seems some of those Germans spent a lot of time fixing things there.

More
23 May 2020 14:51 #168689 by machinedude
finally got someone who does English half way decent :) got some magnetic scales on the way

More
23 May 2020 14:55 #168690 by machinedude
i needed custom length cables and custom length scales since i got the kind that are fitted in the aluminum housings. trying to make sure things are correct was a bit of a challenge :)

More
24 May 2020 15:07 #168798 by machinedude
just in case anybody is wondering it took 27 gallons of epoxy and ended up being 2000 lbs of epoxy granite being used in the frame and sub table top of this project. it ended up being a lot of work hand mixing that much and no i would probably not want to do another project this big ever again :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
27 May 2020 12:24 - 27 May 2020 12:26 #169123 by thefabricator03
Would a small cement mixer work? I have ambitions for a much larger project.

Also we need more pics of the epoxy frame :)
Last edit: 27 May 2020 12:26 by thefabricator03.

More
03 Jun 2020 03:26 - 03 Jun 2020 03:34 #169908 by machinedude
i would imagine it would work well for mixing i just don't know how well you would be able to clean it up after the fact :) the epoxy is not at all like cement as far as cleaning up.

i would also use release on everything and stay away from hardboard even with the release it does not come off very well. even the plastic is a one time use deal. some of it came off easy other sections stick like crazy :) and i might have went a little nuts with the screws :) just enough to hold is better when it comes time to to tear down.

one other thing was before i molded i could fit between the steel now i can't fit :) makes getting to things like the screws to remove everything a pain in the a$$ :)

just some stuff to think about that i overlooked and am paying for now :)
Last edit: 03 Jun 2020 03:34 by machinedude. Reason: more information

More
03 Jun 2020 09:27 #169929 by Mike_Eitel
As a release i use normal wax. Just some heat gun and you can get a nice smooth surface and lateron release is done easily the same way.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds