My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
04 Jun 2020 02:50 #170064 by phillc54

That's correct. As if the waters weren't muddy enough on this already...

It sure is strange. I guess you probably should download a fresh copy of LinuxCNC to at least discount the software side of things. At least if it shows up with a pen then you don't need to waste cuts. If you download then make master and it still plays up it may be worthwhile changing to 2.8 branch and recompiling and see if there is any difference. Not much help I know but I am out of ideas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2020 02:57 #170065 by dvn4life1972
Well, it's nobody's fault my stuff decided to go all weird. I'm half-Irish, maybe that's it. I'm going to wipe that PC (saving my config files) and go again and see tomorrow.

More
04 Jun 2020 03:27 #170067 by phillc54
OK, good luck.

More
04 Jun 2020 05:49 #170072 by Mike_Eitel
Good morning. Nice to read that you are one step further.
1. Pos What is in your tool table. Can you clean that. Can you clean the. var file.
2. Pos I believe external offset is used in plasma. Is there some offset at start?

I think it is time that you zip your complete dir including actul var etc. So the others can trow that to their testmachines. You have some rubish parameter somewhere.

More
04 Jun 2020 19:02 #170119 by dvn4life1972

Good morning. Nice to read that you are one step further.
1. Pos What is in your tool table. Can you clean that. Can you clean the. var file.
2. Pos I believe external offset is used in plasma. Is there some offset at start?

I think it is time that you zip your complete dir including actul var etc. So the others can trow that to their testmachines. You have some rubish parameter somewhere.

I don't think there is an offset at start, although I'm a fabricator and am only just beginning to learn anything about this software (understatement) so somebody else can probably better answer your question #2.

Attached my configs directory zip. I'm getting ready to wipe the PC and start fresh on it...I haven't been looking forward to this process though.
Attachments:

More
04 Jun 2020 22:18 #170150 by dvn4life1972
Did all the software stuff and the problem still exists. I removed the lead in/out from the wizard just to see what it might do, it reduced the error by half. Almost not detectable by the eye but there nevertheless. I have no idea what to do now other than to go to mach3, which I really don't want to do...but I have to get up and running somehow.

More
04 Jun 2020 22:24 #170153 by PCW
Does the backplot show the error?
Have you tried swapping X and Y drives?

More
04 Jun 2020 22:31 #170154 by dvn4life1972

Have you tried swapping X and Y drives?

No. I'll try it, but I have doubts because of the perfect cut with the simple code Tommy provided. I'll report back shortly.

More
04 Jun 2020 22:36 #170156 by dvn4life1972

By this do you mean the display?

More
04 Jun 2020 22:46 #170160 by PCW
Yes

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds