GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
13 Feb 2021 20:24 #198712 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Updated 2.9 RIP this morning and I'm getting this on startup:
 Qtvcp encountered an error.  The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:
LinuxCNC Version  : 2.9.0~pre0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rod/linuxcnc-dev/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1395, in <lambda>
    self.consChangePin.value_changed.connect(lambda v:self.consumable_change_changed(v))
  File "/home/rod/linuxcnc-dev/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1154, in consumable_change_changed
    self.w[self.ccButton].setEnabled(False)
  File "/home/rod/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 341, in __getitem__
    return getattr(self, item)
AttributeError: 'VCPWindow' object has no attribute ''

This is on my Chromebook. Is there another new module required?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2021 20:27 - 13 Feb 2021 20:28 #198713 by snowgoer540

Qtvcp encountered an error.  The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:

File "/home/rod/linuxcnc-dev/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1395, in <lambda>
    self.consChangePin.value_changed.connect(lambda v:self.consumable_change_changed(v))
  File "/home/rod/linuxcnc-dev/share/qtvcp/screens/qtplasmac/qtplasmac_handler.py", line 1154, in consumable_change_changed
  File "/home/rod/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/qtvcp/qt_makegui.py", line 341, in __getitem__

Phill changed some code for the Change Consumables stuff, and it's (I think accidentally) assuming you have a "change consumables" button.

To get past this in the meantime I just added a change consumables button. For example (formatted for dinosaurs):
BUTTON_6_NAME           = CHANGE\TIPS
BUTTON_6_CODE           = change-consumables X1 Y1 F150

This may help you as well: linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...t_button-consumables

I'm sure it will get tidied up then.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2021 20:28 by snowgoer540.

More
13 Feb 2021 20:35 #198715 by Mud
Replied by Mud on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
I've been watching this thread with interest but sadly been too short on time to play. I'm currently running Linux 2.8 on Mint 19.2 and I must be 3+ months behind on PlasmaC - I've ordered a new SSD to join in without worry of scuppering myself and running out of playtime. What's the current recommendation to get up and running with minimal fuss?

More
13 Feb 2021 20:57 #198725 by rodw

To get past this in the meantime I just added a change consumables button. For example (formatted for dinosaurs):
BUTTON_6_NAME           = CHANGE\TIPS
BUTTON_6_CODE           = change-consumables X1 Y1 F150

I'm sure it will get tidied up then.

Thanks that fixed it. I added that to the sim's ini file (or the .inc file.) and it works.
/linuxcnc-dev/configs/by_machine/qtplasmac

Mud, youi just need to install V 2.9 and its deployed for you. Then read the docs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mud

More
13 Feb 2021 21:01 #198728 by rodw

I've been watching this thread with interest but sadly been too short on time to play. I'm currently running Linux 2.8 on Mint 19.2 and I must be 3+ months behind on PlasmaC - I've ordered a new SSD to join in without worry of scuppering myself and running out of playtime. What's the current recommendation to get up and running with minimal fuss?

What I did when I was way out of date was to build a config with pncconf with no config and cut and paste the configured data until I had a working config without plasma, Than ran the configurator.

I think I'll need to do that again with qt plasmac soon. I have it running with a 7i76e in my office but no motion hardware.

More
13 Feb 2021 21:41 #198734 by tommylight
If you mean installing and everything else:
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...nd-easy-installation
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/38414-installing-qtvcp
will get you up and running in under an hour including the downloads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mud

More
13 Feb 2021 21:45 #198735 by tommylight

I think I'll need to do that again with qt plasmac soon.

Shhh.... do not tell Phill, but i did make QtPlasmaC work on the big machine in about 5 minutes, then after a while tried to do that on my main PC and could not make it work for over an hour so i gave up ! I will have to copy it from there and use it everywhere and save it as if it was dinosaurs DNA ! No, not the Australian "dinosaur" that you guys keep mentioning, i still do no know what that is about or i forgot or ... :)

More
13 Feb 2021 22:41 #198742 by phillc54

I just pushed the fix for this.

More
13 Feb 2021 23:12 #198746 by rodw

I just pushed the fix for this.[/quote]

Thanks, I was thinking afterwards that there needs to be some error checking for this so that a user changing a button config does not break the system.

And don't forget we need a few buttons left for the user to use!

More
13 Feb 2021 23:18 #198749 by phillc54

I just pushed the fix for this.

Thanks, I was thinking afterwards that there needs to be some error checking for this so that a user changing a button config does not break the system.

There is and this was a bug...

And don't forget we need a few buttons left for the user to use!

The eight user buttons can be any valid user button, none are set in stone...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds