PlasmaC questions new setup

More
22 Jun 2020 20:24 #172393 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic PlasmaC questions new setup
Well I still have the Hypertherm on the bench and it's not too hard to change it.

What would I need to change the scale to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2020 20:37 #172395 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PlasmaC questions new setup
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...#_calibration_values

I think if you follow the example for the THCAD300 but pretend you have a THCAD200
it should work
but I'm lazy and have a component that does all the maths for me.

More
22 Jun 2020 22:11 - 22 Jun 2020 22:12 #172401 by snowgoer540

Well I still have the Hypertherm on the bench and it's not too hard to change it.

What would I need to change the scale to?

There is a really nice website for entering the values and getting your scale and offset values for plasmac. There is a link to it in the plasmac user guide!

So this is the example that convinced me:

The thcad can read 0-10volts. The highest voltage I saw (cut chart wise) was 148v so call it 150v... At 20:1 that’s 7.5v at the THCAD... so you’re using 3/4 of the usable scale. At 30:1 it’s divided to 5v, so you’re using 1/2 of the usable scale. So basically you get finer resolution.

In the scheme of things, does it really matter? Idk. I will say my THCAD works awesome now. It’s more stable than it was in the last. But lastly, since it came from Peter, I decided it was good to listen. :)
Last edit: 22 Jun 2020 22:12 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
23 Jun 2020 07:24 #172437 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic PlasmaC questions new setup

There is a really nice website for entering the values and getting your scale and offset values for plasmac. There is a link to it in the plasmac user guide!

Thanks, Yes That link is in the manual and reading it a second time I saw the Divider ratio at the bottom

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds