Error in tool_offsetview.py

More
20 Dec 2022 23:17 #259983 by MarkoPolo
I found the reason for the lack of dots. The validator is locale-sensitive, and in some locales the decimal separator is a comma instead of a period. I corrected this entry in the handler file and it works fine now.
"self.valid = QtGui.QDoubleValidator(-999.999, 999.999, 3).setLocale(QtCore.QLocale("en_US"))"

I am sending the corrected file.

It doesn't work in the "probe" and "utils" tabs yet, but it needs to be changed in other files, I don't know where.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hottabich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2022 15:52 - 21 Dec 2022 16:48 #260022 by hottabich
Perhaps this will help you.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2022 16:48 by hottabich.

More
21 Dec 2022 19:20 #260031 by MarkoPolo
I corrected the rest of the files and now everything works fine in the whole qtdragon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hottabich

More
21 Dec 2022 21:16 #260039 by hottabich
Everything works great. Thank you!

More
25 Dec 2022 21:36 - 26 Dec 2022 00:47 #260291 by MarkoPolo
Hello Chris
The previous fixes work fine, but I tested the regular expression validator and it seems to be a better solution.
The regular expression protects against entering a comma, and against entering more than one dot.
I am uploading a modified handler file.
What do you think about making such changes? .
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2022 00:47 by MarkoPolo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Dec 2022 00:55 #260294 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py
Some great investigative work you guys.
Sorry been away from the project a bit.
I'll look into incorporating the fixes you suggest.
Merry Christmas!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, MarkoPolo

More
02 Jan 2023 18:13 #260780 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py
What the heck is up with the Units mess? does the whole Qtdragon use the .ini setting of Linear_Units ???
I'm trying to do probing. Seems ok,
But all the tool stuff in mm.
What's up? Consistency is pretty important for not crashing.

More
04 Jan 2023 07:14 #260896 by cmorley
What version of linuxcnc and qtdragon are you referring to?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
04 Jan 2023 16:14 #260935 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py
Chris,  thanks for the reply....
I am currently using Debian 11 (bullseye) with a 4.xx rt-amd kernel, and Linuxcnc 2.10 from Seb K's buildbot2 repository.
What I found is that qtvcp simply would not run until I installed the full qtvcv via the install script buried deep in the files.....courtesy tommylight.

Well, I have been experimenting with configs in several vm's.  And examining lots and lots of files.  Even doing 'diff's on .ini, .py, and .ui files.
So what I determined was that my modified qtdragon .ui was from at least a year ago. It did not match the current .py files.  Same for the handler file.  I had one modified that was old.

So I grabbed a new handler file, and added my small mods.  by the way, I now use a hal pin for my joint velocity display so I don't have to alter the hal_glib at all.....     I also took a new qtdragon .ui file and added my changes for joint ferrors and velocities.  Not easy at all, but works.

Consequently the units mismatch seems to be cured.  Learned a lot once again.

Your question of which version of qtdragon is interesting.  I have no idea.  I cannot find any way to tell.  I cannot find any revision number or information of any kind any where.  not even in the tops of the .py files, not notes or anything in the .ui files......  the only way I can think of is to plow back through the source files on git.  Which would be a huge effort.

So that's problem No. 1 right now.  How about a new year start, and begin adding change comments to files?  It's good for everyone.

OK, problem No. 2.   I am trying to use probing and tool length setting.  I use versa probe.  In good old axis it was easy.  change a tool, bring it to the setter location, be sure to be in the proper G5x system, and click the button.  Tool length offset for that tool is done.
I cannot get anything like to to work in dragon...I have spent hours trying all kinds of procedures....no success.   Note.  I use a 'master tool' length method.  Works easy and great with axis and probe_screen on my old BridgePort.  I believe it's running 2.8, or a very early 2.9,  It works so I don't mess with it.

If you know a proper, working procedure, Please,  Please let me know it.  I would really like to stay with qtdragon, but I'm getting close to switching back to axis......

Regards,

More
05 Jan 2023 02:59 - 05 Jan 2023 03:00 #260980 by cmorley
Yes qtdragon won't work if most of the dependencies are not installed. It is pretty good at mentioning them if you run it in a terminal. Not sue why the dependencies didn't get into the Debian upload.

Yes that is the hazard when using customized code (particularly unreleased code) - it's up to you to incorporate changes or not. Released code will be easier of course because it shouldn't change much.

By version I meant qtdragon or qtdragon_hd
Git keeps track of version history - github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commits/2.9
Not very handy for installed code.
I wont be versioning code files but will consider it for qtdragon.

So you are not using this style:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/gui/qtdragon....uto_tool_measurement
I don't have configured probe code to show you.
Seems there is a lot of variation of versa type probing in the wild west.
Ask me specific questions and I will try to get you specific answers.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2023 03:00 by cmorley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds