Error in tool_offsetview.py

More
05 Jan 2023 15:35 - 05 Jan 2023 19:25 #261004 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py
Chris, thanks for the reply.
I strongly believe that ALL dependencies should be met with the packaging of the Linuxcnc .deb.  For anything and everything that is in the package.

By unreleased code I must assume you mean the master branch.  Yes?  Yes, your are correct, if I 'customize' something it's on me to be careful with updates.  But one has to know about the updates:  when and what they are.

Version?  I am using qtdragon, not _hd.

I do not use 'auto tool measurement.'  But I do use tool length offsets, with the master tool length procedure.  This is easily done in axis with the tool 'Touch Off' button.'   And with G43 Hx for tool Tx.   Ok, just checked.  I use the 'Tool touch off to workpiece'  at the present.
So, how ever, what ever, is going on in axis with the touch off button, it sure would be nice to have the same functionality in dragon, with a similar button.  In the supplied version, not a customized version....

I have some machining to do, so yesterday I was able to get axis running and probing correctly by using some of probe routines in the source (I think you use them in the basic probe and versa probe) via ncggui.   and the Touch Off button.
Note, I made a few minor changes in the probing routines that I use to avoid the aio errors, and some odd movements.  I can explain and illustrate later.
But I would really like to use qtdragon, and need the Touch Off button.  please.

On the side, I chatted with SebK about the version numbers and such, and he pretty much said the old systems of version numbers is gone....But he does agree that everything in the .deb package should run 'out of the box'  (if not modified...).
Last edit: 05 Jan 2023 19:25 by Roguish. Reason: additional info in italics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2023 02:05 #261055 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py
Yes it should have all the dependencies.

2.9 is unreleased

Ok great. Most things are the same in qtdragon/hd but not all.

Oh for some reason I thought you meant tool probing.
You are actually talking of the 'tool touch off' button?
I'll look into the code used for the tool touchoff button in AXIS and then figure out where to put the button.

Yes by the time 2.9 is released all the configs should run. Often it's the difference between running them as RIP vrs installed. I don't test installed versions often.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
06 Jan 2023 02:31 #261056 by cmorley

Oh wait I already have the widget made ..lol
Attachments:

More
06 Jan 2023 04:07 #261062 by cmorley

How about this?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish, tommylight

More
06 Jan 2023 15:47 - 06 Jan 2023 18:06 #261090 by Roguish
Chris,  yes, speaking of Tool TouchOff...........regular probing seems to be functioning ok.
If that existing Set Tool Offset widget works, and it can be placed in a convenient place.  Ok fine.
Again, I am striving to avoid any custumizations that mess up simple system upgrades.

In that regard, is it possible to have a separate screen or panel or whatever it's called, that I could put my ferror and joint velocities on?   and have it called and run via a line in the config .ini file?   like pyvcp in axis.   Wholly independent of the qtdragon screen, except for a simple line in the config .ini file.
   If yes, I can make a panel .ui.   Where does the file go?   how is it called in the config .ini?  
   Does it need a separate handler file?  if that is yes, what goes in the handler file? (example is best)  and where does it go?

I tried for quite some time yesterday to find in axis where and how the Tool Touchoff  is implemented, and could not find it.  the arithemtic did not seem to be in axis.py or in axis.tcl.   where the heck is it?

For the 2.9 release.... Pretty sure Andy P is working hard on it.  It must be quite a task.

Did you see Seb K's email of 1/3/23 concerning 'failing sample configs in 2.9......' ???  Please find it and check it out.

I'm sure we'll get it right eventually.  Let's keep at it..... Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2023 18:06 by Roguish.

More
06 Jan 2023 18:07 #261112 by cmorley
Did you notice the button added on the image? I think that is convenient - how about you?
The tool offset button only shows when the tool tab is selected though - otherwise it's the homing button. (I haven't pushed this work yet)

Yes it's possible to add 'embed' panels - but only in selected positions.
It's also possible to have limited customization via an usr_command file:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/gui/qtvcp.htm...cp:modifying-screens

I didn't look for AXIS code after I realized I already had a widget.

We are working on 2.9 release yes it's quite a process.

Yes I saw the email.

More
06 Jan 2023 19:30 #261117 by Roguish
quick reply, thanks.

Saw the button.  It was showing on X.... would it be on all axes?  x,y,z???  and work appropriately for the axis selected, like Z?
can you shove it up to 2.10?

I don't want an 'embed' panel  I would like a seperate panel.  I found a good example in qttouchy.  the example calls the sim_panel via a call in the postgui.hal file.     

loadusr -Wn sim_panel qtvcp -a -d sim_panel.ui
      show pin sim_panel

if I create my-panel.ui, where does it go?   does it need a seperate handler (I only call for existing stuff- ferror and joint velocity pin)
what does the 'show pin'  command do?      is it necessary?

thanks

More
06 Jan 2023 22:38 #261137 by cmorley
Yes all axes

Almost ready to push.

A separate panel is easier. (You can also use gladevcp or pyvcp if you would rather)

put the .ui file in your configuration folder
You shouldn't need a handler file but there is a bug - soon to push fix.

loadusr -Wn my_panel qtvcp -a my-panel

show pin is not necessary - it prints the panels pins in the termnal

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish, tommylight

More
06 Jan 2023 22:56 - 06 Jan 2023 22:57 #261143 by Roguish
the reason I asked this is that it makes mods to the standard screen unnecssary. I actually have one on my big BridgePort that runs with axis. Made it in qtpyvcp, about 2 years ago.....

thanks again. let me know back here when you get everything pushed..

don't forget the docs.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2023 22:57 by Roguish.

More
06 Jan 2023 22:59 #261144 by cmorley
pushed - no docs yet

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds