ESAB Ultrarex UXD-P 2500 retrofit with Linuxcnc and Proma THC

More
26 Feb 2020 10:38 #158525 by tommylight
Use PlasmaC, it is much better and has all the features for plasma cutting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexandrub

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2020 10:53 #158526 by rodw

I will use a mesa thc i i want to know which is the best choice for me.

Tommy, answered before me.

From what I can see you were going to use a 7i77 and have ordered a THCAD. In that case, its plasmac all the way!

More
26 Feb 2020 11:54 #158528 by phillc54
You could get away without home switches in PlasmaC, you would just need to setup to some match marks and then home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
26 Feb 2020 12:59 #158531 by rodw

You could get away without home switches in PlasmaC, you would just need to setup to some match marks and then home.

But on the other hand, the effort to fit home switches on a gantry machine makes it all set and forget once its done. The 7i77 and other Mesa cards have plenty of inputs so there is not really any excuse not to fit them.

Some long time users who cut their teeth on parallel ports with limited I/O skip the home and limit switches. But as a new user who built a fairly large gantry machine rather than converting a small mill or lathe, I think they are indispensable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Feb 2020 22:21 #158576 by phillc54

But on the other hand, the effort to fit home switches on a gantry machine makes it all set and forget once its done. The 7i77 and other Mesa cards have plenty of inputs so there is not really any excuse not to fit them.

Unless you don't want to... :)

Some long time users who cut their teeth on parallel ports with limited I/O skip the home and limit switches. But as a new user who built a fairly large gantry machine rather than converting a small mill or lathe, I think they are indispensable.

Probably on large machines they are almost indispensable but not so much on small machines. I guess it just comes down to personal choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
29 Feb 2020 10:30 #158801 by alexandrub
We have an apropiate problem like tommylight. We found one x servo motor stuck. Inside at one bearing was water. We change the ballbearing and solve the problem. The machine is moving on all 3 axes fine.
We have all the stuff from the hypertherm hd 3070 but we dont have the plasma generator. It is posible to use the water cooled torch from hypertherm with an 50a chinese plasma cutter? I ask if it is possible, except the mechanical fitting, connector...
In short time we will mount all the machine on its rail an put some picture, movies.

More
29 Feb 2020 11:24 #158805 by tommylight

We have all the stuff from the hypertherm hd 3070 but we dont have the plasma generator. It is posible to use the water cooled torch from hypertherm with an 50a chinese plasma cutter? I ask if it is possible, except the mechanical fitting, connector...

It is possible, but a lot of work. 3070 uses multiple gases for cutting, shield etc, like air, oxygen, nitrogen. So the torch has 2 or 3 air hoses , meaning you would have to make an adapter to supply them all at once with different volumes of air, so that would require valves for each hose.
Also check that the chinese plasma has HF/HV pilot arc. Hypertherm uses that type.
It can most probably work with HV start, but i never tested it, then again it might not work or cause a lot of misfires.

More
12 Mar 2020 21:34 #159937 by alexandrub
After a brake on the forum, i post some news :). We are almost ready with the retrofit, all is work, but i do not like the start of the x axes. I find it a little violent and i ask why?
For the moment we will start the test with a new hypertherm powermax 45xp but i think to put the old torch from the hd3070 on it because it is water cooled.

More
12 Mar 2020 21:49 #159940 by tommylight
What is the acceleration for X axis set at ?
Is the moving gantry the X axis ?
I think i had the acceleration set to 700mm/s/s.

More
14 Mar 2020 07:25 - 14 Mar 2020 10:50 #160140 by alexandrub
I need to see what acceleration is seting. The x axis is moving fine but a little agressive at start. How you set the z zero without touch off?

i have 300 max acceleration 12000 max velocity. I upload a video on youtube to see what happend.

Last edit: 14 Mar 2020 10:50 by alexandrub.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds