ESAB Ultrarex UXD-P 2500 retrofit with Linuxcnc and Proma THC

More
14 Mar 2020 11:32 #160159 by tommylight
Can you do a hal scope trace for X axis f-error and post it here ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2020 10:55 #160275 by rodw

But on the other hand, the effort to fit home switches on a gantry machine makes it all set and forget once its done. The 7i77 and other Mesa cards have plenty of inputs so there is not really any excuse not to fit them.

Unless you don't want to... :)

Sheer laziness and will bite one day for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd Zuercher

More
15 Mar 2020 11:13 #160278 by phillc54

But on the other hand, the effort to fit home switches on a gantry machine makes it all set and forget once its done. The 7i77 and other Mesa cards have plenty of inputs so there is not really any excuse not to fit them.

Unless you don't want to... :)

Sheer laziness and will bite one day for sure.

Homing by eye is a valid option and has served me well for several years.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...homing-configuration

More
15 Mar 2020 11:40 #160287 by tommylight

Homing by eye is a valid option and has served me well for several years.

Me too, me too ! :)

More
15 Mar 2020 14:31 - 15 Mar 2020 14:32 #160306 by alexandrub
I dont know to use hal scope:(... i play with the acceleration and at 400 is ok. when was at 700 the gantry move violent. Now I have another problem. When I power on the machine from linux, x1 motor energize and move the gantry from one side with 0.03mm and sometime report an " joint 0 following error"

the x2 motor

the x1 motor

can be a home missalignment switch?
Last edit: 15 Mar 2020 14:32 by alexandrub.

More
15 Mar 2020 20:08 #160334 by alexandrub
I think i solve the problem with another allignment of home sensor. One of them was back about 0.1mm. Now is working just fine

Draw in Inkscape, export directly to gcode and open in Linuxcnc, press start, that is it, nothing more so no remaps, not subroutines, no touch off, nothing, everything is implemented in Linuxcnc

How know the machine where material zero is? You assume that the table is perfect level, add the sheet thickness and start from there?

More
15 Mar 2020 20:15 #160336 by tommylight

How know the machine where material zero is? You assume that the table is perfect level, add the sheet thickness and start from there?

Nice.
You jog it to material zero and "touch off" x and y axis so that becomes material zero.
I do not care much about the table, it has THC so it does not need it perfectly leveled or the sheet is flat.
For the Z axis, you have to tell us what config you are using, if PlasmaC, check the PlasmaC manual, if others, which one ?

More
15 Mar 2020 21:15 #160343 by alexandrub
I use PlasmaC. I intend to use ohmic sensor. I see on the movie with your retrofit that you dont touch de material with the torch....how do you know zero on z axis?

Thanks for your answers.

More
15 Mar 2020 21:43 #160347 by tommylight
It has no home switch for the Z axis, so it can be homed wherever and it will still find the material, always.

More
15 Mar 2020 21:59 #160350 by alexandrub
I expressed myself wrong. I want to ask where do you know the top of the material is? Do you use ohmic sensor or what is the method?

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds