Homemade, cheap, plasma CNC

More
02 Jan 2022 01:47 - 02 Jan 2022 01:53 #230512 by RNJFAB
Replied by RNJFAB on topic Homemade, cheap, plasma CNC
Thanks Phillc54,
I'm actually up to doing this now. I'll see if I can set it up with the red laser as that is when I would use it.
I did try the update but it failed. I'll try and upload the error for you. 

Below is my current button configuration, I still need to work on my g codes as they don't quite work the way I want them to.

Red and green laser are used at different times, red laser for setting up and getting ready, green laser to find new 0 point when I'm working through cuts. The green laser is to bright without my welding mask on, and you can't see the red laser when I'm wearing the welding mask. So each has a purpose.

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jan 2022 01:53 by RNJFAB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2022 01:51 #230513 by phillc54
Void Anti Dive is hit and miss, it works for some and not others.
We have a test branch we have been working on but life keeps getting in the way...
The following user(s) said Thank You: RNJFAB

More
02 Jan 2022 01:54 - 02 Jan 2022 02:06 #230514 by RNJFAB
All Good Phill, 
I have tried to change the setting to get it to work, however it is still a bit hit and miss like you said. No real issue though if I turn it off. 

This is the error I got updating.

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jan 2022 02:06 by RNJFAB.

More
02 Jan 2022 02:05 #230517 by RNJFAB
Updated screen shot and Hal/ini files.

File Attachment:

File Name: PLASMAhal.TXT
File Size:14 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: PLASMAini.TXT
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:

More
02 Jan 2022 02:50 #230520 by phillc54

This is the error I got updating.

That looks like your internat connection may have an issue.
The Buildbut has hung for several hours so there won't be much in the way of updates in any case.
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/buildbot/waterfall
The following user(s) said Thank You: RNJFAB

More
02 Jan 2022 03:31 #230522 by RNJFAB
Probably the internet. Bloody NBN in AUSTRALIA is slower than when we had broadband. I’m lucky to get 15MBPS, but if it’s raining that will drop out. Max upload is 0.5MBPS. They know we are too far from the nearest node to get a reliable service, and they built a new node closer. But the “experts” say we can’t connect to the closer node. 4 year battle with telstra and the NBN.
will try when the rain stops.

More
02 Jan 2022 05:00 #230523 by phillc54

Probably the internet. Bloody NBN in AUSTRALIA is slower than when we had broadband. I’m lucky to get 15MBPS, but if it’s raining that will drop out. Max upload is 0.5MBPS. They know we are too far from the nearest node to get a reliable service, and they built a new node closer. But the “experts” say we can’t connect to the closer node. 4 year battle with telstra and the NBN.
will try when the rain stops.

I am lucky, we got fibre to the premises before Malcom Turnbull stuffed it all.

More
02 Jan 2022 05:07 #230524 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Homemade, cheap, plasma CNC
I don't think even without Malcolm's interference  James would have got a fibre connection where he lives.

But Shh. don't tell anybody I have fibre to premises both at home and work!

More
02 Jan 2022 05:15 #230525 by RNJFAB
All the fibre runs in the pits outside my house, but its too expensive to connect to them, so we are fibre to the node and 30+ year old copper cable 1.7km from the node back to the house.

the rain fills up the pits and the connections all are under water and corrode, I complain, they cone and re-do the connections and bam we are back to 25MBPS for a few days, then it slides back down. Currently at 16.6MBPS.

More
02 Jan 2022 05:19 #230526 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Homemade, cheap, plasma CNC

Thanks Rod,
I was thinking of doing the same, however I'm having issues if I have VOID A/DIVE on. This will from time to time cause the torch to crash, with it off I have had no problems. Also if I have AUTO VOLTS on it can be a bit hit and miss, sometimes a perfect cut, sometimes crash every 20mm or less. The torch just keeps diving.

Currently with the volts set for each material and a bit of tweaking, I have nice cuts for all the material I normally use.

I've only ever used auto volts since before Plasmac was invented.
If you are getting diving, then my guess is you are sampling the voltage too early. This is where halscope can give you good insight.
Because you are using sheetcam there is no need for void antidive (kerf crossing) to be enabled.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds